PDA

View Full Version : Trying to contact Rich Taylor (Pendercraft designs) .....

rcbarend
August 11th, 2018, 08:43
Hi,

I'm trying to get in contact with Rich Taylor (user Warhawk1130) regarding an update of the FS9-Jupiter2 package (goddard.zip) for FSX.
Based on my "VTOL" codings (already part of this package), I am working on an entirely new flightmodel for this fabulous addon, in an attempt to revive this model for FSX.

Rich was a member of the Pendercraft design team (a.o. with Ronnie Pendergraft as designer) that created this great package. I know that Ronnie quit the hobby, but I'm not sure about Rich.
His last appearance on SOH (as far as I can tell) dates back to 2013.

I have Emailed with Rich many times (many years ago), but the Email address I have is no longer valid.
If anyone reading this knows how to get in contact with Rich, please send me a PM.

Regards,

Rob Barendregt

PhantomP
August 11th, 2018, 09:01
Here Rob this the last email address Rich Taylor <Warhawk1130@comcast.net>I have from him it has been a long while,but it might work,or you could try,and contact Ronnie Pendercraft thru the uncle oldies website possibly?

rcbarend
August 11th, 2018, 09:12
Here Rob this the last email address Rich Taylor <Warhawk1130@comcast.net>I have from him it has been a long while,but it might work,or you could try,and contact Ronnie Pendercraft thru the uncle oldies website.
I tried that; unfortunately this Email address appears no longer valid as far as I can tell (delivery failures)
Thanks anyway.

Rob

PhantomP
August 11th, 2018, 09:30
Your welcome,I have one more person,I can try,and find his email,and that is glitch,he helped make most of the lost in space scenery,I'll get back with you on this.

rcbarend
August 11th, 2018, 09:42
Your welcome,I have one more person,I can try,and find his email,and that is glitch,he helped make most of the lost in space scenery,I'll get back with you on this.
Thanks again.
If you do have other info, can you send that via a PM please ?
(Writing Email addresses in a public forum unfortunately could lead to mis-use by "bots" scanning forums).

Best regards, Rob

PhantomP
August 11th, 2018, 09:48
Thanks again.
If you do have other info, can you send that via a PM please ?
(Writing Email addresses in a public forum unfortunately could lead to mis-use by "bots" scanning forums).

Best regards, RobNo problem Rob,I will PM you if,I find glitchs email.Thanks

Pete

PhantomP
August 11th, 2018, 09:58
I think this is glitch,but he goes by mr sloww,I could be wrong thou,I'll PM you.

rcbarend
August 29th, 2018, 11:49
Hi,

For those interrested:
I have been able to get in contact with two people of the Pendercraft design team (Ronnie and Carl Reddin).
The good news is, that Ronnie gave me his permission to upload an addon package for this Jupiter2, making it compatible with FSX (and adding a lot more stuff).

Still working on it.
More news when I have it ready.

Rob

PhantomP
August 29th, 2018, 11:57
Oh!Rob that's great news,looking foward to the fsx version of the Jupiter2,Thank you.

rcbarend
August 29th, 2018, 12:35
Oh!Rob that's great news,looking foward to the fsx version of the Jupiter2,Thank you.
Hi Pete,

Well, I just finished a complete beta addon package and I'm looking for someone to properly test it.
What it requires:
- FSX-Accell or FSX-SE.
- You have the file goddard.zip installed as-is in your aircraft folder.
- Preferably, the standard Microsoft library "Visual Studio C++ 2015 Redistributable" installed. (if you use Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Release2, you have it)
- A few hours of available time, and willingness to try everything out fully as described in an extensive README.

If you "qualify", send me a PM with your Email address and I'll mail you the zip file (about 1 Mb in size).

Cheers, Rob

rcbarend
August 29th, 2018, 13:20
Hi Pete,
Got the PM, mail just sent …
Rob

PhantomP
August 29th, 2018, 13:28
Thanks Rob.

warchild
August 29th, 2018, 23:25
he has a facebook page..

Warhawk1130
September 17th, 2018, 14:32
I am indeed, still around....I don't have any of the scenery uploaded to the FB page, but I have all the models available except the goddard one...but your rendition will be more up to date providing you keep the internal model measurements the same. I am so thrilled someone is doing something to bring it up to FSX standards, and I can think of no one else other than Ronnie I would like tinkering with the original LOL.

Its been a long time, Rob...thanks for your interest in the project... I have FSX steam version these days, but have not played it in while. However, if it shows in FS9, it will show in FSX.

Thanks again, Rob.

P.S....Pammie, Rob doesn't do facebook....;)

warchild
September 17th, 2018, 14:42
I am indeed, still around....I don't have any of the scenery uploaded to the FB page, but I have all the models available except the goddard one...but your rendition will be more up to date providing you keep the internal model measurements the same. I am so thrilled someone is doing something to bring it up to FSX standards, and I can think of no one else other than Ronnie I would like tinkering with the original LOL.

Its been a long time, Rob...thanks for your interest in the project... I have FSX steam version these days, but have not played it in while. However, if it shows in FS9, it will show in FSX.

Thanks again, Rob.

P.S....Pammie, Rob doesn't do facebook....;)

::LOL:: I did not know :)..
Damn its good to see you back home :)..

Warhawk1130
September 18th, 2018, 06:45
Not quite, pammie...but I am around...thanks!

Rob, I would love sceenies as you progress, if you don't mind...you can send em via email if you wish. I can put them up on the pendercrafts FB page...been awhile since I added anything there...thanks again!

rcbarend
September 18th, 2018, 16:55
Hi Richard, Pam,

Since this thread has served it's purpose (trying to get in contact with Rich again) , I'll reply in more detail as to what I can / cannot do, in the original thread from Richard titled "Pendercrafts Jupiter2 (lost in space)".
Which has become "alive again" too.

As to me not being active on Facebook : that's correct. I'm too old for this Social Media stuff..... LoL

Any communication (in uploads/downloads, or otherwise) on my part has to be either via the SimOuthouse library, SOH forum, or plain EMail.

So, as far as I'm concerned, this thread can be locked by the moderator.

Cheers, Rob