PDA

View Full Version : using my addon

rick robinson
February 17th, 2009, 15:23
i downloaded my add on as a zipped file to my pc. now i cant figure out how to install it so i can use it in my game can anyone help

Gramps
February 17th, 2009, 16:15
which add on did you get??

rick robinson
February 17th, 2009, 16:21
the corsair

rick robinson
February 17th, 2009, 16:24
ah f4u 1 corsair im new to all of this ive always just played off line i just started exploring the online stuff this morning and am pretty excited about flying this corsair as its always been my fav wwII plane and i hit the save button on the download prompt now im having trouble figuring out how to get it to show up in my game that should explain my current dilema i hope

Gramps
February 17th, 2009, 16:38
I'm purty sure it comes in an installer. checkin to be sure now.

If it does, just click on the installer an it will do everything for ya.

rick robinson
February 17th, 2009, 17:13
thank you if not ill just purchase it again and now mess it up next time lol i rally appreciate the help

Gramps
February 17th, 2009, 18:10
Hang on!! I'm still checkin on it. Either way (zip or installer) you have to have a password. You should recieve an email from Ickie with it soon.

rick robinson
February 17th, 2009, 18:39
i got a pswd from ickie with the origional e mail but now that ive down loaded it to my pc, when i open the folders all i see is a whole lot of little files that open with wordpad and word and inside those is a lot of pc code i dont understand lol thank you for all your help i really do appreciate it

Moparmike
February 17th, 2009, 18:48
The AH Corsairs aren't packed in an installer EXE. The download is just a ZIP archive with the aircraft folders inside. These folders will need to be placed in the game manually.

I am guessing that you have the CFS3 version? If so, follow these instructions...
(The steps should be the same for the FS9 version too.)

Once you've downloaded the ZIP and received the password email from Ickie, you can unzip the archive into a temporary folder. You should find two folders in there, one is HELP and the other is AIRCRAFT. Right-click on the AIRCRAFT folder and choose "copy". Then navigate to your main CFS3 folder and right-click/"paste" that AIRCRAFT folder into your main CFS3 folder. This should place the plane into the proper place.

Let us know if it works out for ya.

rick robinson
February 18th, 2009, 08:39
lol ok i tryed that it didnt work i re purchased it and downloaded it directly into my main cfs3 folder and unzipped it there and nothing happens. when i go into my game and go to quick combat and look for the corsair i cant find it anywhere im sure it would be a beautiful plane to fly in free flight lol

rick robinson
February 18th, 2009, 12:19
:woot::amen::wavey::rapture::ernae::faint::faint: you were r ight thank you soooo much i figured it out i found the file and did it and i love it that corsair is where its at thank you both soooo much

sbp
February 21st, 2009, 18:33
:help:Howdy,

I payed for and downloaded the FDGs P-40 for FS9. I unzipped the file OK but when I type in the installer password I received from ickie I get an invalid password message. I disabled my firewall before I opened the file. Any suggestions?:help: