PDA

View Full Version : guages problem

Capt.Vaughn
February 17th, 2009, 13:29
Has anyone ever had or seen this problem before?I run FSX with excelleration.When I used FSX basic I had the same problem.I only get this problem sometimes and I only get it with aircraft made for FS2004.This happens when I put my mouse arrow over a guage.Its not a major problem but when you need to set autopilot or something like that its impossible.Sometimes the wording is blacked out like in the pic,and then it might get normal all of the sudden then maybe go to blacked out again.

Dangerous Beans
February 17th, 2009, 13:33
Its an FS9 portover bug, I dont think theres a fix for it other than not using FS9 planes.
I do know that if you go to windowed mode instead of full screen they will work OK but thats far from the best solution IMO.

Mathias
February 17th, 2009, 13:33
Hi Capt.,

look here post #26
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=6116

Capt.Vaughn
February 17th, 2009, 14:05
Well at least I know Im not the only one who has had this problem,Thanks for the info.

RCAF_Gunner
February 17th, 2009, 17:16
I spent some time going through various config files to see if there was something that looked like it would help, tried a few things but they made no difference. In the end I decided it was costing me too much flying time and it was going to be easier to just hit Alt-Enter to toggle to windowed mode to see the tooltip when I needed to then Alt-Enter again to go back to full screen. Maybe someday someone will stumble across the fix for us XP users.

Capt.Vaughn
February 17th, 2009, 18:17
Yup,going to window mode done the trick.Thanks guys :)

Grey_Wolf
February 18th, 2009, 01:11
I use to have that problem, and thought it was related to Nvida drivers. I know i havent seen it on my new system wiath an ATI. So if you have new Nvidia drivers its possible an older set would fix the problem.

stansdds
February 18th, 2009, 02:00
I think it must be a port over issue, I see it too with, but only on port over aircraft.