PDA

View Full Version : Four Repaints For Baldy's Airco DH.9 by Ravenna!

Ravenna
August 3rd, 2018, 13:58
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/585315333001672771.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - World War I

Description: Four Repaints for Baldy's Airco DH.9

These four repaint represent DH.9s of the Independent Air Force based in France in 1917-1918.

I would like to thank Baldy for the time and expertise that went into this model. My thanks also go to Uncle Tgt for his valuable guidance and clear instruction. These textures are based on his original work and he has generously allowed me to use his work as the starting point for these repaints.

All comments and criticisms most welcome.

This is freeware and as such subject to the usual conditions.

Enjoy,

Ravenna

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Four Repaints For Baldy's Airco DH.9.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=24251&catid=125)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Rami
August 3rd, 2018, 14:01
Michael,

Very nice work, nice to see you with the brush! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Ravenna
August 3rd, 2018, 14:46
Thanks Andrew,
There is certainly room for improvement though! I'm finding my way through PSP (with help) and I'm looking at another project after my research into the Independent Air Force.
One thing leads to another.......:mixed-smiley-010:

Ravenna
August 3rd, 2018, 14:58
D550, 103 squadron RAF, October 1918, crewed by Capt, J. Stubbs and Lt. C. G. Bannerman

Captain Kurt
August 3rd, 2018, 15:25
Painting can be addictive.:dizzy:

Thanks for these.

msfossey
August 3rd, 2018, 21:50
Thank you Ravenna. I use many of your skins; appreciate all your efforts.

msfossey

bub
August 4th, 2018, 04:08
Looking good, Michael, looking good. Nice job!
Bob

Ravenna
August 4th, 2018, 14:23
Bob,
You have given me a lot of help and more than a few valuable pointers along the way. I still plan to revisit those Beaufighters, but the nose art will have to be redone from scratch.

Cheers,
Michael

bub
August 6th, 2018, 05:20
Michael,
Email me a picture (s) of that Beaufighter emblem and I'll see what I can do with it. I've been relatively successful with reducing images and retaining clarity. "Sweetie" was a good size and reduced to look okay.
Bob