PDA

View Full Version : Realair Spits

Quicksand
July 29th, 2018, 06:22
Hi guys. I found my installer for my Realair Spits tucked away on a disc. I ran the installer but get a window informing me that I'm not connected to the internet, when I'm quite certain I am. Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, how did you solve it? Thanks for any insight. 👍

blanston12
July 29th, 2018, 07:53
This is disappointing, they must have turned off there validation software. Like you I have a couple RealAir products that I am not going to be able to re-install if I have to rebuild my system.

They had mentioned doing something so those who had purchased there products could still install them but it appears that has not happened. For someone like me who purchased from them directly they have an email they could use to notify me that update was available but for those who purchased DVD's I don't know how they could expect to find you.

I had hoped they would have turned there installers into freeware and placed them on flightsim.com or SOH but that did not happen either.

jmig
July 29th, 2018, 14:32
I am pretty sure that you can just move the files over to PD3. I did it my last computer. Since building a new one, I haven't moved them over. I can try and make sure they work, if you would like.

Quicksand
July 29th, 2018, 15:02
Hi John. I'm afraid it's not going to do much good. The FSX installation on my old machine is corrupt. Thanks, though.

wombat666
July 29th, 2018, 20:00
I usually backup my favourite aircraft especially if I've added a string of repaints to them, all my Realair a/c just went straight from one sim to the other.
When you say the FSX installation is corrupt do you mean it's the Sim or the Spitfire?
As Realair include the gauges within the a/c folder you might be able to transfer it to your PP3D installation.
Worth looking at.
:encouragement: