PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of RealAir . . .

dhasdell
July 21st, 2018, 13:18
Can anyone tell me how to reinstall the Scout and Spitfire? My installers try to connect to RealAir for verification, but of course since RealAir is no more they can't manage it.

Thanks,

David

blanston12
July 21st, 2018, 13:44
did you try? The website is still there, just parts of it have been disabled.

RobM
July 21st, 2018, 16:19
I tried running the Spitfire installer a couple of weeks back to see if it still worked, and I got the error message "Not connected to the
internet", which of course I was. Someone at Avsim said they had tried running their installer for one of the other RealAir planes and
got the same message. I haven't tried since.

You could try contacting Sean at RealAir directly and see if he's still answering. His email is at the bottom of the RealAir customer
support page (I won't type it here).

If there's no answer, and the "Not connected" message continues, then that may be it for my RealAir installs. Everything should
continue to work on my current PC. But if I decide to replace my current six year old PC (probably sometime next year), I don't
think I'll be able to just copy the RealAir files over and have everything still work.

- Rob

mrogers
July 21st, 2018, 17:53
Did you do this from the CD or the downloaded install package?

dhasdell
July 21st, 2018, 22:20
Thank you. It's a download installer and am getting what RobM did.

harrybasset
July 22nd, 2018, 00:31
Thank you. It's a download installer and am getting what RobM did.

Mine is a download installer and tells me I am not connected!

Bunkiester
July 22nd, 2018, 04:14
Same here trying to install the Spitfire package for FSX, installer tells me it can't connect to the internet. I tried the email as suggested above a couple of weeks ago, and no response.

Luckily I had all my other Realair models installed already, but I really wanted to fly their Mk. XIV!

Mark

Motormouse
July 22nd, 2018, 04:35
Something I found on a n other gaming forum, you could try disabling the internet protocol v6 (ipv6) in your internet settings, it would seem that microsoft defaults to v6, but if website was built for v4, then you get the not connected to internet message.

Ttfn

Pete

vortex
July 22nd, 2018, 05:46
Look here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/523602-realair-customer-support-please-read/?tab=comments#comment-3743251

Bunkiester
July 22nd, 2018, 10:33
Thanks Vortex,

But I'd already tried that; no joy I'm afraid. I keep hoping I'll get a response some day, but so far, nada.

Mark