PDA

View Full Version : Welschap 1944 scenery by myself and Mooringj

ian elliot
July 17th, 2018, 10:10
Welschap 1944 airfield by Mooringj and Ian Elliot, July 2018.

Jan originally made up Welschap but allowed me to play around with it, adding a few extra obs here and there, moving a few other's, messing with the landclass including reducing the tower blocks in Eindhoven and a few other bits and bobs, Thanks Jan :-)

Ive gone for a best guess approch on this airfield, there are few allied recon photos ive used for refrence and a cople of maps found on the net but the exact layout of the airfield is a bit hazy :-) , Its to the east of the modern Eindhoven airport and about a mile south of Cess's pre war version, but ive gone for the "if it looks right, run with it" approch :-)

Originally a civillian grass stip openned in 1932, acquired by the Dutch airforce in 1939, captured by the Germans in 1940, expanded and upgraded untill captured by American paratroopers in Sept 44 and used as an ALG by both British and American aircraft

you will need to download and install these objects from IanP, found here---

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/ye-olde-all-in-one-scenerie-downloade-filess/

Would also like to thank Cess Donker for the use of his control tower object he made esp for a pre war version of Welschap, and to Shessi for the JU88 scenery object

Cees Donker
July 18th, 2018, 00:46
Ian,

My name is Cees, not Cess! You pronounce it like the English 'Case'.

:biggrin-new:

Cees

ian elliot
July 18th, 2018, 00:55
many apologies Cees, i should know after all these years :mixed-smiley-010: