PDA

View Full Version : Stand versus Gate

Devildog73
July 15th, 2018, 12:54
Hey FSX gurus,

Why all of a sudden is the air traffic controller now sending me to "STANDS" versus "GATES"?
Never had this happen before...

DD73

scotth6
July 16th, 2018, 02:31
Not sure. Do you use any addons which affect ATC? Do you use Edit Voicepack? Maybe you're just flying to airports without gates, or none available?

Cheers from Melbourne (Victoria, Aus.) :encouragement:

MrZippy
July 16th, 2018, 04:28
What airports? There are some things you can do to the aircraft.cfg that will help. What aircraft and airline are you flying? Keep in mind, that at some airports, they consider ramp parking with no jetway a gate.

Bjoern
July 16th, 2018, 10:49
Phraseology is entirely determined by the voice pack, so if you've used EditVoicePack recently, chances are that the ATC phrases were updated during the process.

Devildog73
July 18th, 2018, 19:56
Phraseology is entirely determined by the voice pack, so if you've used EditVoicePack recently, chances are that the ATC phrases were updated during the process.

Bjoern,
Yes, that was it. I used Edit Voice pack and it "updated" to international. So, I converted it back to US FAA phraseology.
It is sounding fine now.
Thanks,
Lee

scotth6
July 19th, 2018, 05:28
Haha. I had never noticed before, but today I arrived at LFRS and was cleared to taxi to the "stand".

I have been using the phraseology as long as I remember, but have never noticed, or at least questioned, the word stand before.

Devildog73
July 19th, 2018, 05:33
Haha. I had never noticed before, but today I arrived at LFRS and was cleared to taxi to the "stand".

I have been using the phraseology as long as I remember, but have never noticed, or at least questioned, the word stand before.

According to EditVoicePack that is the International method versus the US FAA standard of Gate.

We Americans tend to prefer to be odd-man-out on such things.....:biggrin-new::playful: