PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire IX download

Eoraptor1
July 15th, 2018, 08:45
I've been away from flight simulation for a while due to family issues, but now I'm slowly getting back in. I was wondering if there's still an FSX native Spitfire IX available for download anywhere. I would have liked the RealAir model, but I can't find it. I'm somewhat against the grain in that for me it's the IX that's the iconic Spitfire and not the Dunkirk/BoB models. The IX also reminds me of my Jane's WWII Fighters days. I held on to that sim for a long time, until finally me system simply would not tolerate it. Thanks in advance.

JAMES

huub vink
July 15th, 2018, 10:44
There is still one available here....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flight001-FLI000057-RealAir-Spitfire-DVD/dp/B000Y31ZK2

Cheers,
Huub

Seahawk72s
July 16th, 2018, 06:46
Now if only A2A would allow someone to modify their Spit to a IX...? (probably not a chance)...:dizzy:

jankees
July 16th, 2018, 06:50
didn't they just make a Mk.IX for a museum in the UK?

Eoraptor1
July 16th, 2018, 06:58
There is still one available here....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flight001-FLI000057-RealAir-Spitfire-DVD/dp/B000Y31ZK2

Cheers,
Huub

Thanks, huub. I saw that one, but they don't deliver to the US. One of those Spit IXs flew right across the bridge from me in Southern Ontario as part of Russell Aviation Group. Go HERE: http://www.aerialvisuals.ca/AirframeDossier.php?Serial=799

I expect one day to find that RealAir Spit in a Goodwill or Salavation Army thrift. I'm not joking. I get a lot of computer equipment from them. I got FSX Gold Edition with its original authenticity codes for 1 USD. I got my Logitech joystick for 2.99 USD, and never had a day of trouble with it. I'd sworn off Logitechs because I had two of them before and they wouldn't keep calibration for more than two weeks, but for 2.99 I decided "why not?" Never had a single problem with it since then.

JAMES

Postbaer61
July 16th, 2018, 07:43
Did you tried it at Aerosoft ?

https://www.aerosoft.com/de/flugsimulation/flight-simulator-x/flugzeuge/354/realair-spitfire?number=AS10652

Bradburger
July 16th, 2018, 09:54
Now if only A2A would allow someone to modify their Spit to a IX...? (probably not a chance)...:dizzy:

Not A2A, but, as I've mentioned before, a 3d mesh of the RealAir model has been available to buy on a few of the 3D modelling online stores for a few years now.

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/aircraft/historic/raf-supermarine-spitfire-mk-ix

https://www.highend3d.com/3d-model/supermarine-spitfire-mk-ix-3d-model

http://animium.com/2015/07/spitfire-3d-model

I assume it has been sanctioned by RealAir as it has not been removed!

(I guess on the other hand RA possibly bought this mesh originally for their project).

It would make a good base for a brand new FSX/P3D high detail MK.IX, with the opportunity to correct the mistakes and improve the original 3D Model.

A2A have done a MK.IX for the Boultbee Flight Academy Spitfire cockpit simulator built by Airtech Simulations (https://www.facebook.com/airtechsim/?hc_ref=ARR0kpfdWFivhx2c0Z9kVzCXAOGmYi7mosKohMvhJZ um9iKh2qisiZrUN7ejlAYQbsk) as an outside project, but there are no plans to release it for FSX/P3D from what I understand.

Cheers

Paul

Eoraptor1
July 17th, 2018, 06:42
Did you tried it at Aerosoft ?

https://www.aerosoft.com/de/flugsimulation/flight-simulator-x/flugzeuge/354/realair-spitfire?number=AS10652

Thank you for answering. Yes, I did see that, but the listing disappears when I switch from German to English, which again indicates to me they don't ship this particular product to the US.

JAMES

IanHenry
July 17th, 2018, 07:04
Hi James,
It might not be of any interest to you, but have you considered the DCS Spitfire IX?:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/spitfire/

It's without doubt the best Spit out there, but it's a real challenge to taxi the thing!

Ian

huub vink
July 17th, 2018, 07:22
Thank you for answering. Yes, I did see that, but the listing disappears when I switch from German to English, which again indicates to me they don't ship this particular product to the US.

JAMES

According to the text in the Shipping costs section from the Aerosoft site, they ship all over the world (see below):

Remaining Europe and Rest of the World
The shipping fees for orders within Europe and the rest of the world shall be determined by shipping mode and weight and shall be calculated and stipulated during the order process and prior online-ordering. The ordering process may be cancelled here at any time upon request. Aerosoft additionally offers shipping via registered mail up to shipping weight of 0.5kg. Aerosoft charges a shipping fee of 6.20 euros for deliveries via registered mail within Europe and for the rest of the world. Please be aware that shipping via registered mail may take between 1 and 4 weeks, depending on your destination country. Delivery of hardware shall generally be via UPS due to its nature. Additional custom fees and taxes may apply in the event of ordering and shipping goods outside the European Union that will be due upon arrival of your goods in your country. You shall bear additional custom fees. Custom fees may differ from country to country. Aerosoft thus advises that you contact your local customs center in advance.

Eoraptor1
July 17th, 2018, 07:36
According to the text in the Shipping costs section from the Aerosoft site, they ship all over the world (see below):

Remaining Europe and Rest of the World
The shipping fees for orders within Europe and the rest of the world shall be determined by shipping mode and weight and shall be calculated and stipulated during the order process and prior online-ordering. The ordering process may be cancelled here at any time upon request. Aerosoft additionally offers shipping via registered mail up to shipping weight of 0.5kg. Aerosoft charges a shipping fee of 6.20 euros for deliveries via registered mail within Europe and for the rest of the world. Please be aware that shipping via registered mail may take between 1 and 4 weeks, depending on your destination country. Delivery of hardware shall generally be via UPS due to its nature. Additional custom fees and taxes may apply in the event of ordering and shipping goods outside the European Union that will be due upon arrival of your goods in your country. You shall bear additional custom fees. Custom fees may differ from country to country. Aerosoft thus advises that you contact your local customs center in advance.

I've got one coming, huub. One of my allies found it online. My birthday is on Saturday but I don't expect it to be here till the week after.

JAMES

huub vink
July 18th, 2018, 00:24
That's good news James. Although the model is over 12 years old, its still the best model when you are looking for a Mk.IX or MK.XIV.

Enjoy flying it!
Huub

Dimus
July 18th, 2018, 04:18
Hi James,
It might not be of any interest to you, but have you considered the DCS Spitfire IX?:

It's without doubt the best Spit out there, but it's a real challenge to taxi the thing!

Ian

This is indeed an excellent Spitfire. The only problem is that you can not fly it anywhere. Even the Normandy map leaves a lot to be desired. Great realism though, as far as the plane is concerned, and you get to dogfight with it too.

Eoraptor1
July 18th, 2018, 08:20
Hi James,

Ian

I've seen a lot of DCS video on YouTube, Ian, but I don't have it. Thanks for the link.

JAMES

IanHenry
July 18th, 2018, 10:41
I've seen a lot of DCS video on YouTube, Ian, but I don't have it. Thanks for the link.

JAMES
James,
You can download and use DCS World for free, you get two aircraft, a Russian SU-25 jet and an un-armed version of the TF-51D Mustang. Give it a try, it's a great sim and you've nothing to lose:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

Ian

ps. I think the DCS 2.5 Open Beta is probably the best version.

Eoraptor1
July 20th, 2018, 13:19
James,
You can download and use DCS World for free, you get two aircraft, a Russian SU-25 jet and an un-armed version of the TF-51D Mustang. Give it a try, it's a great sim and you've nothing to lose:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

Ian

ps. I think the DCS 2.5 Open Beta is probably the best version.

I have already considered this. To do what I want in DCS I would probably need a new hard drive and video card, or perhaps even a new computer. Even though I've constantly upgraded, my desktop rig is getting long in the tooth.

JAMES

IanHenry
July 21st, 2018, 01:40
I have already considered this. To do what I want in DCS I would probably need a new hard drive and video card, or perhaps even a new computer. Even though I've constantly upgraded, my desktop rig is getting long in the tooth.

JAMES

James,
My computer is 3-4 years old and it runs DCS far better than it runs P3D and miles better than FSX.

Ian

AusWilko
July 21st, 2018, 01:48
There is a hole to be filled in regards to the IX, not sure what developer out ther would want to tackle it but I think there would be money to be made

Willy
July 21st, 2018, 05:28
There is a hole to be filled in regards to the IX, not sure what developer out ther would want to tackle it but I think there would be money to be made

Aeroplane Heaven did that great Spitfire pack for FS9. You'd think they'd redo it to the latest standards for FSX.

blanston12
July 21st, 2018, 06:45
Aeroplane Heaven did that great Spitfire pack for FS9. You'd think they'd redo it to the latest standards for FSX.

Aeroplane Heaven did do FSX Spitfires that were sold by Just Flight, but I don't think they did an IX, right now they have an Mk IV and Mk V that have been out for a few years and the new Dunkirk Spit, that is a Mk 1

Eoraptor1
July 21st, 2018, 13:44
James,
My computer is 3-4 years old and it runs DCS far better than it runs P3D and miles better than FSX.

Ian

My computer just turned 7. As I said, I've continually upgraded, but it's beginning to show its age. You don't have to convince me. As soon as practicable, I'll be downloading DCS World.

JAMES

bazzar
July 21st, 2018, 14:30
Aeroplane Heaven did do FSX Spitfires that were sold by Just Flight, but I don't think they did an IX, right now they have an Mk IV and Mk V that have been out for a few years and the new Dunkirk Spit, that is a Mk 1

Actually we did do a IX. A total of 13 variants through to the 22 if I remember correctly, also the two-seat MkIX trainer. A bit long in the tooth now I suspect.:engel016:

Bomber_12th
July 21st, 2018, 14:52
The statement was in regard to which variants Aeroplane Heaven had done specifically for FSX, as opposed to the FS9 collection.

mrogers
July 21st, 2018, 17:58
Actually we did do a IX. A total of 13 variants through to the 22 if I remember correctly, also the two-seat MkIX trainer. A bit long in the tooth now I suspect.:engel016:

Well Baz, perhaps you could put the IX on your list and perhaps the VIII as well? VIII's the same as an IX except it has a retractable tailwheel.

Bradburger
July 21st, 2018, 18:03
Well Baz, perhaps you could put the IX on your list and perhaps the VIII as well? VIII's the same as an IX except it has a retractable tailwheel.

Well, there was a little bit more to it than that!

As I said, a high quality FSX MK.IX would be most welcome.

I personally would like to see a whole series starting with the very early F.IXs (1942) up until very late LF & HF.IXs (late 1944/early 1945).

Cheers

Paul

hairyspin
July 21st, 2018, 23:15
So, if you could get on with that, Baz, no pressure. In time for this Christmas, of course. :173go1: Lol!

bazzar
July 22nd, 2018, 01:11
of course Tom, right away...:engel016:

IanP
July 22nd, 2018, 03:39
Christmas? CHRISTMAS?! I want it by tomorrow, Baz! :biggrin-new::pirate::devilish::very_drunk:

Ian P
(who is now hiding under the desk...)

blanston12
July 22nd, 2018, 07:06
of course Tom, right away...:engel016:

I would definitely buy it!

Priller
July 22nd, 2018, 07:24
I would definitely buy it!

+1!

Priller

Eoraptor1
July 23rd, 2018, 08:42
Okay. Got my RealAir Spitfire in the mail this morning, all the way from the UK. At first I thought it was Meghan writing to tell me she'd made a mistake with that other fellow and wanted me to take her back, but no joy.

I got it installed but will have to wait till later to wring it out. Very fast service from ebay and the seller. He'll definitely be getting positive feedback.

JAMES

Eoraptor1
July 24th, 2018, 17:57
I got the Spit package installed. It went in very easily from disc with none of the problems described in the "Speaking of RealAir" thread. The disc arrived very quickly and in mint condition complete with pilot's reference printed on real paper. Funny how retro that seems nowdays.

I haven't spent much time with the XIV model, but I have "flown" the IX several times and it is sweet. Very easy on frame rates as well, which is a big consideration on my aging computer. For this model alone I would recommend the purchase, but in full disclosure, I wouldn't have this a/c if not for an unexpected gift. If you can find one for sale online at a reasonable price, definitely get it.

I am now seriously considering getting a MK.1A, if and when I have the money. Either that or a good Hurricane. I have a soft spot for the Hurri. It's the first model plane I remember building, purchased across the bridge in Canada. To me, the Spit and the Hurri are the Mary and Martha of the Battle of Britain. It's like a family that has two daughters, one very dependable and hard-working, but with a scalding hot younger sister who gets all the attention.

Thanks to all my Sim-Outhouse buddies for responding to this thread.

JAMES

IanP
July 25th, 2018, 04:48
I'd really love a current "state of the art" Hurricane. We have Baz's early ones through JustFlight and Dan Dunn's FCS ones, which are dated and, in some cases, have interesting modelling around the tail (Dan said "It's the second model I ever made!" when I spoke to him about it ;) ) but we don't have anything to the standard of the RAS, A2A or newer AH models. :(

Ian P.