PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot question...

Capt.Vaughn
February 17th, 2009, 02:55
I know this is a stupid question but,where can I find my screenshots in FSX? And how do I post them here?

myles
February 17th, 2009, 03:58
They'll be in 'My Pictures' folder in a sub-folder call 'Flight Simulator X files'. Some body else will have to answer part 2, but you may need to set up a Photobucket (or similar) account, post the shots there and link to them from here.

Myles

Cazzie
February 17th, 2009, 04:20
I know this is a stupid question but,where can I find my screenshots in FSX? And how do I post them here?

My screenshots are done using either FRAPS or FSScreen, which is a free utility that will capture the screen when you hit PrtScr on your keyboard and store it where ever you place the FSScreen.exe. It will capture FSX in DX9 only, for some reason DX10 will be a black blank. For capturing DX10 screens in FSX, I use FRAPS, which is payware, but worth it, as it captures video also.

To post screenshots here using SOH's attachment, see below in your post where there is a button that says "Manage Attachments". Click it and you can post as many as eight screenshots in one post. Make sure you meet the size and format specifications, nothing larger than 1280 X 768 or it will be automatically cropped.

Caz

SolarEagle
February 17th, 2009, 12:53
FRAPS is free. Download, install and press F10 to dump screenshots to C:\FRAPS.

http://www.fraps.com/

The free version only saves screenshots as bitmap files, so you need a free photoshop type program such as GIMP to resize and save as jpeg.

http://www.gimp.org/

JTo resize jst open your image in GIMP, click image from the top, then click scale image, type in the size you want(I use 1000 pixels wide), select cubic as the method and then click scale.

After that go to file/save as, change the file name to whatever.jpg, and save. It will prompt you to select a jpeg quality level, and 90-95 range works good.

After that attach and post.