PDA

View Full Version : new default scenery project opinions needed

dog1
October 8th, 2008, 21:10
hello.

I am seriously thinking of enhancing many if not all the default pacific scenery bases,one by one and uploading them as i please with no constraints and with time,maybe 6 months.I want to supply a layout file,a read me outlining all necesary add ons that must be installed beforehand and the MN manual indicating the few steps to be taken nice and easy,GSL edit tool included .I will look for refs and try to be as accurate and as reasonable as possible with regards to PC capacities but anyway they will look much better than our 1999 default bases with a slight drop in frame rates for a fraction of time depending on angles of sight.My question to the experts is can this work or will it show the overload sign when installed and therefore not load?if so will it require the MN tools to make it work and if yes then can someone volunteer to do that part for me since I have no clue on how to prepare the GSL kit for upload and installation?example below is the PT base at Espiritu Santo.
dog1

OBIO
October 9th, 2008, 00:25
To be totally honest...90% of what you typed makes no sense to me, as I know nothing about GSL scenery and know almost nothing about BGL based scenery. But I sure do like the PT base...looks amazing! Would be a good spot to drop in a sea plane set up as well.

OBIO

dog1
October 9th, 2008, 01:51
OBIO

Here is the enhanced warf at Torokina, Bougainville with kihansens getting ready to go out fishing and moored petes,better than the Default or not?and an oscar taking off from the base.
dog1

miamieagle
October 9th, 2008, 05:03
To me it sounds like a great project. Please go for it. Full steam ahead please!

Thank you!

olaf1924
October 9th, 2008, 07:53
fantastic looking work:ernae::ernae:

langereis
October 9th, 2008, 11:05
Dog 1,

This would be great.:ernae::ernae::ernae:
For the same reason I have installed TL Loup's Campaign (here at Sim-Outhouse; look under authors) only as missions and modified the splendid scenery in all the missions by Wordpad with new buildings, vehicles, aircraft.
See the screenshots.

dog1
October 9th, 2008, 13:58
ATT LANGEREIS

the advantage i believe of this initiative is to train an enthusiast into installing a scenery and having done so he is ready to improve on it very easily.With the materials available today wether cfs2 objects which are free or pc hardware which getting cheaper by the day CFS2 needs not be what it was 9 years ago.What we need though is more object sets like RAF vehicles and personnel etc
dog1