PDA

View Full Version : Modern Air Combat by Eagle Dynamics Coming this Autumn!

HyFlyer
July 13th, 2018, 13:19
Developed by the same studio that brought you the wildly successful Lock On, Modern Air Combat (MAC) brings you one game with 14 unique combat aircraft to own the sky! MAC aircraft include:

F-15C Eagle. US air superiority fighter with 104 kills to 0 losses record.

Su-27 Flanker B. Russia’s dominate air superiority fighter.

Su-33 Flanker D. The Russian navy’s carrier capable version of the Flanker B.

J-11A Flanker B+. The Chinese version of the Flanker B, with R77 active homing missiles.

MiG-29 Fulcrum A. Russia’s widely exported light-weight air superiority fighter.

MiG-29S Fulcrum C. The modernised verson of the Fulcrum with latest weapons and defences.

A-10A Warthog. The USAF’s massively successful ‘flying tank’, designed to kill ground targets.

Su-25A Frogfoot. Russia’s primary ground attack and close air support jet.

Su-25T Frogfoot. A modernised version of the Frogfoot with enhanced sensors and weapons.

F-86F Sabre. America’s iconic top fighter during the Korean War.

MiG-15bis Fagot. Russia’s 1st generation jet fighter that opposed the Sabre over Korea.

F-5E Tiger II. The US light-weight fighter that has been operational since the Vietnam War and operated by over 30 countries.

MiG-21bis Fishbed. Russia’s most successful fighter of the Vietnam war. A supersonic fighter that closely matches the Tiger II.

L-39ZA. A Czech designed, two seat trainer that was then adapted to a light attack aircraft.

MAC is a module of DCS World and not a separate product.

Each aircraft’s flight model, sounds, external model and cockpit is recreated to an exceptional level of detail and accuracy. Great care has been given to offer scalable gameplay that suits your personal levels and wishes. This includes intuitive and consistent keyboard controls between aircraft, selectable difficulty settings, option for more forgiving flight dynamics, and even the ability to fly these aircraft with just your keyboard.

As with Lock On and the Flaming Cliffs series, MAC is focused on east and west counterpart aircraft, and this includes such legendary match-ups such as the Eagle and Flanker, Warthog and Frogfoot, Sabre and MiG-15bis, and the F-5E and MiG-21bis. MAC is a blend of both east and west, and this allows you to re-fight historical conflicts from the Korean War to today, and to create your own ‘what-if’ missions.

You can generate an unlimited number of missions using the Fast Mission Creator and Mission Editor. MAC also includes numerous instant action and single missions, as well as campaigns for most of the aircraft and is fully compatible with DCS World online! There are no limits to content.
In addition to the full Caucasus map, MAC also includes a limited part of our Nevada and Persian Gulf maps.

Key Features of MAC: 14 exceptional combat aircraft from the United States, Russia, China and Czech Republic.

Shallow learning curve with consistent key controls between aircraft, and easy to fly with just a keyboard.

Professional level flight models, but with option for forgiving flight dynamics.

Play instant action, single missions and campaigns for most aircraft in single player or fly online.

Supports Virtual Reality like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Windows Mixed Reality.

Includes the Caucasus map and portions of Nevada and the Persian Gulf.

Purchase MAC aircraft individually or as a pack at a reduced price.

Flaming Cliffs 3 owners can purchase the MAC pack at a great discount.

http://youtu.be/yNWXWOWspYQ

scotth6
July 14th, 2018, 00:04
I just saw this in the DCS News email I got last night. WTF?

If I own all these aircraft and all these maps already is there any point in buying this? Or do I get it for free? :biggrin-new:

But seriously, it is a good idea to give more options for more casual simmers. As I read more about it, it seems to just be an upgrade to FC3 (FC4) with a new name, so good to see new products coming along in any case.

I probably won't be interested as I already have complex versions or FC3 versions of all the aircraft mentioned, and the full maps, so there would be little benefit.

Phantom88
July 14th, 2018, 03:20
I really don't think this is meant for "The Study level" DCS Pilot who's been buying and flying the high fidelity aircraft that we've Been enjoying the last 10 yrs,I think this is a way to capture and entice some of the "War Thunder" crowd and make it a gateway into DCS.

Mach3DS
July 16th, 2018, 13:58
Reading through the face book parts it looks like this will be a replacement for FC3 and won't have interactive VCs. Will have professional FDEs but won't be study level aircraft at all.

StormILM
July 16th, 2018, 15:24
Just wish they'd make the Mig-29 models available (individually) like they did the other FC3 models.

Stefano Zibell
July 16th, 2018, 16:00
Just wish they'd make the Mig-29 models available (individually) like they did the other FC3 models.

They probably will but only, like the others, once the professional flight model is released.

Mach3DS
July 16th, 2018, 16:35
Interesting how in the youtube still in the first post the main intake doors are closed...