PDA

View Full Version : Old Warbird rebuild Texture repainting assistance anybody?

BendyFlyer
July 10th, 2018, 01:58
Hi, I am currently doing a make-over of JBK's Douglas C-124 Globemaster (Old Shaky) for FSX. I have been re-tuning systems, configuration air files etc, creating panels, proper instrumentation etc and bringing it up to as close as authentic for the period as I can and is progressing well with several new model configurations, panels, etc. I am basically able to take advantage of what is an unfinished model by Jens and do it justice.

The paints on the outside need a make-over particularly the aluminium bits such as engine cowls, steel oleo legs etc and I was hoping and after anybody who would like to contribute to this by redoing these textures if they have the time and inclination. There are a number of good paints already so this is really fine tuning some aspects of the paints to give the whole model a boost. For information there is actually a modelled interior cargo bay and crew compartment on this one which was a surprise find and a little care and attention there would be good to have. Full and very good clear colour photos of the C-124 including a 360 degree interactive interior and exterior panorama collection is available via the US Air Force Museum to help.

Reward - Full credit for work done along with other contributions and helping bring this old bird back to life.