PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT. CFS-3

DaveKDEN
February 16th, 2009, 16:48
I was wondering if some of you are using CFS-3 in addition to FSX? I bought CFS-3 when it first came out, but it was completely unplayable on my old machine, I ended up selling it, so no longer have a copy. However, with my new system, I was thinking it might be worth picking up again, if maybe only for the "OFF" add-ons. So, just wondering what kind of performance those of you who fly both get out of CFS-3 vs. FSX?

Intel Q6600 @3GHz, 4GB RAM, 768MB GeForce 8800 GTX

crashaz
February 16th, 2009, 16:50
You will want to pick it up then. CFS 3 has run well on my machine. It is a 2 year old machine so if it runs great on that... should be just dandy with CFS 3.

harleyman
February 16th, 2009, 16:51
Ask these guys .....http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=62

guzler
February 17th, 2009, 00:48
It runs well on mine, still using a single core, also got the MAW install too, re-creates the desert airwar, just amazing. My son plays it more than I do, but I too sold it, but bought it again when I got this rig a few years ago.

Adding skins is more difficult, you have to use a Hex editor, but I love it, Someone did a high res terrain for Europe which really brings it to live.

I get a beter performance fps wise out of CFS3 by far, no blurries either.

JT8D-9A
February 17th, 2009, 03:05
Performance should be no problem with your PC.
It was ahead of the times, like FSX, but it's worth the money and the mods like ETO are really impressive.
I wish FSX would have a config tool like CFS3. And the controller setup and the easiness of having different controller configs is also very nice.

jimjones
February 17th, 2009, 05:41
CSF3 would bomb out in Vista on my PC until the latest nVidia drivers were issued. Program would start but when in combat and a kill was attained the screen would freeze.

nio
February 17th, 2009, 06:07
Over Flanders Fields Between Heaven and Hell, in its payware form, is fully Vista32, Vista64, XP and TrackIR compatible.

best

nio

:wavey: