PDA

View Full Version : The Bulldog is out of the kennel

dhasdell
July 2nd, 2018, 21:36
https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/

And for a week the F3F is free if you buy the Bulldog.

PhantomTweak
July 2nd, 2018, 21:47
I know someone's gotta say, so I will:
WHO LET THE (bull)DOG OUT? WOOF, WOOF-WOOF!
:biggrin-new::applause: :redfire: :triumphant: :victorious:

Have fun all!
Pat☺

Cirrus N210MS
July 3rd, 2018, 04:32
loading up the bull dog :-) :wavey: for a quick spin

blanston12
July 3rd, 2018, 05:06
Just took her up for a quick spin and have to say she flies great! So far I have only found one issue, when I took her up the first time I instinctively hit the 'G' key to raise the gear and then thought 'oh yeah, not retractable' and continued with my flight. But when I landed this happened.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61536&stc=1

I then pressed the gear key again and she popped out of the ground. Not really an major issue but thought I would share it.

And yes I crash detection is turned off.

Cirrus N210MS
July 3rd, 2018, 05:08
Just took her up for a quick spin and have to say she flies great! So far I have only found one issue, when I took her up the first time I instinctively hit the 'G' key to raise the gear and then thought 'oh yeah, not retractable' and continued with my flight. But when I landed this happened.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61536&stc=1

I then pressed the gear key again and she popped out of the ground. Not really an major issue but thought I would share it.

And yes I crash detection is turned off.

plus you gotta watch how you treat her she spins easy hard to recover

Cirrus N210MS
July 3rd, 2018, 05:42
The video

https://www.facebook.com/468163866960519/videos/485513025225603/

Roger
July 3rd, 2018, 08:44
Looks good! For us europeans we have to wait until JF or the two others upload them. Can't wait.:redfire:

dhasdell
July 3rd, 2018, 10:37
For us europeans we have to wait until JF or the two others upload them
Seriously? Why's that? I've bought from Australia and the US in the past.

thefrog
July 3rd, 2018, 11:29
Are we actually prevented from purchasing it if we’re in the EU?

speedy70
July 3rd, 2018, 11:46
It is all to do with the new EU value added tax collection.

Roger
July 3rd, 2018, 11:50
If you visit the purchase page at AH your are told that if you live in the EU you have to purchase from their agents and cannot purchase directly from AH. I believe the EU value added tax defeats AH's purchase software.

Pips
July 3rd, 2018, 15:17
Wasn't it the Bristol Bulldog that Douglas Bader was flying when he crashed and lost his legs?

From memory spin recovery wasn't the only drawback of the design, something about directional stability at low speeds also comes to mind.

Definitely on my list to purchase. Always up for anything with two wings. :)

speedy70
July 3rd, 2018, 15:22
Yes it was.

Cheers Chris

pilto von pilto
July 3rd, 2018, 16:03
If you visit the purchase page at AH your are told that if you live in the EU you have to purchase from their agents and cannot purchase directly from AH. I believe the EU value added tax defeats AH's purchase software.

Hey Roger,

Sort of. The EU VAT rules are such that aeroplaneheaven would become taxcollectorheaven instead. The easiest option so we can still have fun and make stuff was to turn over all EU based sales over to the stores and let them work out the minefield of taxes and fees. Not to mention that we can keep the prices down a little by not having to employ a tax accountant every 3 months.

To all :
I have been notified that FSpilotshop will be up and running soon ( today or tomorrow cant work it out because the world is not flat so we have time zones :banghead: ). Also the offer is going to be at all stores but will work within each stores framework but most importantly you will still get a free F3F. I've also made sure that you are considered a purchaser of the F3F as well, so you would get notified of any upgrades and deals based on the F3F in the future.

Cheers

speedy70
July 3rd, 2018, 16:16
Any news on the release of the Lancaster?

Cheers Chris

bazzar
July 3rd, 2018, 16:20
Third stage testing at the moment.:engel016:

heywooood
July 3rd, 2018, 21:14
...but most importantly you will still get a free F3F.

Cheers

it's a great offer - the F3F you have made is an excellent model. Wondering aloud if those who already own the F3F might instead have the Gulfhawk..?
asking for a friend..

dhasdell
July 3rd, 2018, 21:46
Wasn't it the Bristol Bulldog that Douglas Bader was flying when he crashed and lost his legs?
Yes it was. I don't know abut the new one, but the old AH Bulldog included his a/c as one of the colour schemes.

bazzar
July 3rd, 2018, 22:33
Yes the new Bulldog includes the Bader scheme.
As regards the Gulfhawk, I'm afraid not, that is a Just Flight exclusive product.:engel016:

hairyspin
July 3rd, 2018, 23:16
Yes, slow rolls at under 50 feet are frowned on, FO Bader: valuable aircraft have been bent that way.

jeansy
July 4th, 2018, 01:40
good to see 1 of the 8 RAAF schemes

heywooood
July 4th, 2018, 05:24
As regards the Gulfhawk, I'm afraid not, that is a Just Flight exclusive product.:engel016:

No worries, all tongue in cheek - it’s just a pity that every time an offer like this is made I somehow seem to already own the bonus. Lol. For those on the fence get down and make the buy - that Grumman is carrier qualified and a beauty all by itself, getting it and the Bulldog for that price is a great deal.

MDIvey
July 4th, 2018, 06:31
Just got my copy from justflight.... wasn't on their front page... had to search for it.

Matt

MDIvey
July 4th, 2018, 07:22
How disappointing... the installer won't work. I've let JF know with a support ticket but I've been itching to try this out but it will have to wait.

The dogs been a bad boy and put back in the kennel for now:friendly_wink:

Matt

speedy70
July 4th, 2018, 07:39
Same with the one I purchased from FSpilotshop cos I could not find the just flight one.I also swore I would never deal with pilotshop again due to their fee for refreshing downloads.Ticket submitted.

Cheers Chris

Priller
July 4th, 2018, 08:37
Bought, downloaded and installed without a glitch. From JustFlight I might add.

Priller

johnwillimas2
July 4th, 2018, 08:46
Has anyone succeeded with the download from FSPilotShop? Mine has a texture fault and won't install. Raised a ticket both with them and AH and am waiting... Still, I got my free F3F.:applause:

speedy70
July 4th, 2018, 08:52
Same with me also raised a ticket.Faulty vickers.dds texture file.

Cheers Chris

johnwillimas2
July 4th, 2018, 08:55
Oh well, when you are deep in the mire, it's good to know there are others there too!

eddie
July 4th, 2018, 09:59
Those of us who bought it straight from AH went through the same thing with the first installer, wouldn't install correctly, they issued a new installer as a zip file, that one worked just fine.

Wim
July 4th, 2018, 10:54
Got the same problem here with the installation in FSX, due to the vickers.dds error all the textures are missing.
Found a work around to this issue by installing the P3d.32 bit version in an other temp folder and copying the missing textures files into the fsx folder and also copied the effects folder to the proper location and of she goes. :jump:

Roger
July 4th, 2018, 12:55
Got the same problem here with the installation in FSX, due to the vickers.dds error all the textures are missing.
Found a work around to this issue by installing the P3d.32 bit version in an other temp folder and copying the missing textures files into the fsx folder and also copied the effects folder to the proper location and of she goes. :jump:

Well done Wim! With your guidance I have installed the Bulldog in to FsX.:ernaehrung004:

speedy70
July 4th, 2018, 13:35
So have I .Now we wait for the corrected version.I'm very impressed with it.

Cheers Chris

johnwillimas2
July 4th, 2018, 13:43

Works like a dream!!!!

bazzar
July 4th, 2018, 14:22
That's odd, the FSPilotshop installer is the same one we use. Tested and working fine.:engel016:

Priller
July 4th, 2018, 14:24
That's odd, the FSPilotshop installer is the same one we use. Tested and working fine.:engel016:

No problems with the JF installer for P3Dv4!!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61590&stc=1

Priller

pilto von pilto
July 4th, 2018, 14:30
Contacted the stores. If the store is using a linux server ( probably) then a file named blah_blah_v1.0.exe will have issues. because a "0.exe" is not a real file-type. Further to this some browsers - chrome is one - then dont download this file correctly.

One person helpfully emailed the help desk at ah ( help@aeroplaneheaven.com btw ) and told me the file sizes he had on his computer which were all around 20-30 mb too small once unzipped and the zip itself was 100 mb too small this pointed out to me a file naming issue and download issue. I'm asking the stores to name the zips as just something like blah_blah_v1_0.zip which is all we did.

MDIvey
July 5th, 2018, 10:31
Managed to get to try it thanks to the work around suggested so at least I've had a chance to use it... and its absolutely magnificent.

The only thing I find...and it may just be a matter of taste... is that the metalwork is a bit bright and shiny and looks a bit odd when viewed on the unlit side. Could we perhaps have a less shiny alternative?

There is a paint scheme I was hoping to do but the paint kit wont work with my ancient version of photoshop (6)… I was wondering if you would consider doing it and adding it to the package? It's 3 Squadron RAF... there are some that had a thinner green stripe that ran all the way along the fuselage including on the metal parts... not a roundel flash which are thicker and end at the metal... made it look like a humbug. Looked really good I thought.

Anyway thanks for such a great rendition. I hope it proves a good seller and prompts you to do more of those lovely silver biplanes from the 20s and 30s.

Matt

huub vink
July 5th, 2018, 11:33
Is anyone still able to locate the Bulldog at the JustFlight site? I found it yesterday after doing a query, but today it doesn't pop-up anymore.

Perhaps it has something to do with problem described by Pilto von Pilto in an earlier post, which in that case means JF is most proably trying to solve the problem.

Cheers,
Huub

AussieMan
July 5th, 2018, 14:44
I purchased mine direct from AH and had no problems with downloading and installing. I downloaded both versions: FSX and P3D V4 as well as the paint kit.

My only complaint is the difference between the $AU and the $US. But if I want something bad enough it is something I have to live with.

huub vink
July 8th, 2018, 05:35
The Bulldog has appeared on the JustFlight site again. Now it is advertised as new release.

Priller
July 8th, 2018, 06:11
Question: did these birds ever fly with camo paint?

Priller

huub vink
July 8th, 2018, 08:10
According to my current knowledge it didn't fly in camouflage colour for the RAF, but for sure it did for the Finnish Air Force.

dhasdell
July 8th, 2018, 09:00
Question: did these birds ever fly with camo paint?
I very much doubt it, as they went out of service in 1937 and the Gladiators which replaced them were in overall silver. I saw the very last Bulldog flying at Farnborough in 1964, the day before it crashed.

for sure it did for the Finnish Air Force
And in Spain.

Priller
July 8th, 2018, 10:15
Weren't the Finnish Bulldogs MKIVa?

Priller

dhasdell
July 8th, 2018, 11:53
Not all of them. A search finds a pic of one of two ex-Swedish IIa's.