PDA

View Full Version : C-130 models

tankerguy72
July 2nd, 2018, 08:22
I read a post on here about moving over the old Captain sim models and merging into the Newer P3D model. I tested it out and got it to work. Merged in the old A model and it's working perfect. Also replaced the J and USCG model and it fixes the tank textures.

Happy that they brought back the Herc have missed it in Prepar3d. Cant wait until the Milviz model gets released.

Daveroo
July 2nd, 2018, 11:47
any of the models that can be painted to match the Coulson tankers?

roger-wilco-66
July 2nd, 2018, 11:54
I also did it yesterday, the A model works well now! Awesome, now I have the 60ies models back working.

Does anyone know if there is a paint kit floating around?

Cheers,
Mark

tankerguy72
July 2nd, 2018, 13:02
I do have a Coulson paint.

There was a paintkit in the CS pilots lounge. Not sure if it's still up

DaveWG
July 2nd, 2018, 13:05
I'm sure I've got it somewhere!

DaveQ
July 8th, 2018, 07:41
I do have a Coulson paint.

There was a paintkit in the CS pilots lounge. Not sure if it's still up

Yes it is. Got it yesterday. Googled 'CS C-130 paint kit' and hit it easy. All in layered 1024x1024 .psd files. Probably needs a good deal of updating but it's all there.

DaveQ

roger-wilco-66
July 8th, 2018, 08:50
I also found the paintkit mentioned above - it's for the fs9 model and a bit lowres (1024), but I guess it's the right one. I think I'll rework it for 2048 or 4096.

Cheers,
Mark

scotth6
July 11th, 2018, 07:39
Hi,

Is it possible to use all the CS models in P3D V4.3 now, including the different interiors, or do the external models need to be merged to work with the panels and interiors that are natively in P3D V4.3? Can someone please describe how you went about importing the CS models in to P3DV4.3? Can you install the package directly?

Cheers,

docjohnson
July 11th, 2018, 10:55
I would be very interested in that also.

Priller
July 11th, 2018, 12:59
It's quite easy really.

I installed them directly into P3Dv4.3, swapped the panel folders and changed the aircraft.cfg files accordingly.

pretty easy and works like a charm!

Priller

scotth6
July 11th, 2018, 17:56
It's quite easy really.

I installed them directly into P3Dv4.3, swapped the panel folders and changed the aircraft.cfg files accordingly.

Priller

Thanks Priller. I will give that a go.

roger-wilco-66
July 11th, 2018, 21:04
It's quite easy really.

Priller

I copied the old installation folders (when I switch sim versions I back up the old ones) and then did what Priller mentioned above, works!

Cheers,
Mark

docjohnson
July 12th, 2018, 15:11
Ok, I get the panel part, but are you saying swap out the Aircraft.cfg or just sections between the two where they are different (think windiff tool here)?

UPDATE: I looked in a file comparison tool and I see what needs to be switched between the LM aircraft.cfg and the FSX one.

UPDATE2: Strange yoke is missing and I have no control of the aileron or elevator, trim works ok, I didn't bother trying to fly it in that condition. The aircraft was the ANG version with the early 80s paint job. I'll keep troubleshooting it, if anyone has already solved it I would appreciate a reply here.

Priller
July 14th, 2018, 09:11
Ok, I get the panel part, but are you saying swap out the Aircraft.cfg or just sections between the two where they are different (think windiff tool here)?

UPDATE: I looked in a file comparison tool and I see what needs to be switched between the LM aircraft.cfg and the FSX one.

UPDATE2: Strange yoke is missing and I have no control of the aileron or elevator, trim works ok, I didn't bother trying to fly it in that condition. The aircraft was the ANG version with the early 80s paint job. I'll keep troubleshooting it, if anyone has already solved it I would appreciate a reply here.

HI Jim,

I'm afraid that simply copying the installed aircraft from one sim to the other will not work. You really have to install the aircraft into the new sim and then do the changes.

It might work when you still have both of those sims installed, but merely copying from a backup folder will not. CS addons create registry entries and if and when these are not present, some things will not show or work.

Cheers,

Priller

Manschy
July 14th, 2018, 10:54
Copying my favorite texture folders from the FSX CS C-130 into the P3Dv4 C-130 folder did the job so far. I also added the aircraft.cfg entries like a normal paint addition. It's only recommended to copy the texture.cfg from the main P3Dv4 C-130 texture folder into the added FSX texture folders as well. That way you will see all basic textures in your added versions too.
At least for the short C-130 versions it works well. That way, you will be sure to get all model features working because you use the original P3D model.

docjohnson
July 14th, 2018, 11:06
Ahh, no wonder, thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated.

docjohnson
July 14th, 2018, 15:16
Ok, I hate to come back here and say it didn't work. But it didn't work. I uninstalled the C-130 FSX and the I and II addons to the basepack. I downloaded the latest installers. When I get to the install dialog I can select the v4 directory, but can't click the ok to get it to add it to this dialog:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61936&stc=1

Hence I can't install at all. I went through the registry with a fine tooth comb, I even used the tool to fix the FSX registry entry and set it to the Prepar3D v4 root. No luck. Any ideas?

Priller
July 15th, 2018, 00:51
Try putting the FSX.exe in there. That should work. if you don't have it anymore, create a textfile that you rename FSX.exe afterwards!

Priller

tankerguy72
July 15th, 2018, 20:57
Is anyone able to get the ACE to work to remove tanks and such?

DaveWG
July 15th, 2018, 22:11
I haven't tried using Ace, but I believe the tanks can be removed by commenting out the external fuel tank entries in the aircraft.cfg. But of a fudge though.

scotth6
July 16th, 2018, 02:27
Ok, I hate to come back here and say it didn't work. But it didn't work. I uninstalled the C-130 FSX and the I and II addons to the basepack. I downloaded the latest installers. When I get to the install dialog I can select the v4 directory, but can't click the ok to get it to add it to this dialog:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61936&stc=1

Hence I can't install at all. I went through the registry with a fine tooth comb, I even used the tool to fix the FSX registry entry and set it to the Prepar3D v4 root. No luck. Any ideas?

Try putting the FSX.exe in there. That should work. if you don't have it anymore, create a textfile that you rename FSX.exe afterwards!

Priller

From memory, the CS C-130 installer requires the FS9.exe as well as the FSX.exe. I remember I needed to add the FS9.exe to P3DV3 when I tried to install it for the first time. You can create a fake one as far as I'm aware, and just place it in the folder, if you don't have a legit one. Just create a text document and rename it to be FS9.exe.

docjohnson
July 16th, 2018, 17:03
I'll give it a try

tankerguy72
July 17th, 2018, 08:02
I haven't tried using Ace, but I believe the tanks can be removed by commenting out the external fuel tank entries in the aircraft.cfg. But of a fudge though.

I copied over one of the livery files that was in my old CS texture folder and added a "g" to the end example Model=14g and it seems to have worked. I believe the g models are untanked ones.

docjohnson
August 11th, 2018, 15:13
Well, I had to set this aside as it was taking away from my development work on a new aircraft. Now I have time for a break, I figured out that if FSX wasn't installed you could not do what we discussed here. I had to clean up the drive to have space to install FSX again. That opportunity presented itself for other reasons. So if you guys would be so kind as to enumerate the steps of moving the FSX C-130s over to P3D v4 to include how the panel integration should work. I would greatly appreciate it.

Navy Chief
August 12th, 2018, 05:13
Ditto Doc's request😁 I will have to, I gather, reinstall FSX steam, before doing this? Or will the Migration tool work? I have had great results with the migration tool, despite comments to the contrary that I have read....NC

Well, I had to set this aside as it was taking away from my development work on a new aircraft. Now I have time for a break, I figured out that if FSX wasn't installed you could not do what we discussed here. I had to clean up the drive to have space to install FSX again. That opportunity presented itself for other reasons. So if you guys would be so kind as to enumerate the steps of moving the FSX C-130s over to P3D v4 to include how the panel integration should work. I would greatly appreciate it.

Priller
August 12th, 2018, 07:26
You actually only need to copy/move the different CS aircraft folders to the SimObjects\Airplanes folder of P3Dv4. After that, copy the panel.cfg and sound.config files of the native ones into the respective sound and panel folders.

Cheers,

Priller

docjohnson
August 12th, 2018, 08:00
Thanks, Priller!

Navy Chief
August 12th, 2018, 15:56
You actually only need to copy/move the different CS aircraft folders to the SimObjects\Airplanes folder of P3Dv4. After that, copy the panel.cfg and sound.config files of the native ones into the respective sound and panel folders.

Cheers,

Priller

Got it, thanks! NC

Navy Chief
August 13th, 2018, 19:15
I am, however, noticing a problem with the rear doors. Although I select close, they are not showing the doors closing "flush". You can see through them. Both stock and Captain Sim models. NC

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=62775&stc=1

Priller
August 14th, 2018, 23:52
Strange! Doesn't happen in my install!

Priller

Priller
August 15th, 2018, 03:54
NC,

In that shot, isn't that the native model that you're showing?

Priller

wombat666
August 15th, 2018, 05:07
Captain Sim with working doors in P3D4.3.:encouragement:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1488x803q90/r/924/Ht4s9s.jpg

Navy Chief
August 15th, 2018, 07:48
NC,

In that shot, isn't that the native model that you're showing?

Priller

Yes, but CS is exhibiting the same thing. Am going to uninstall the CS and reinstall. NC

Navy Chief
August 15th, 2018, 08:21
HDR was turned "OFF". When I use my Samsung Odyssey VR headset, the software "Flyinside" requires that I turn off HDR. Using the headset with the native VR capability of P3DV4.3, I can use HDR, and the problem with graphics on the door do not happen! Go figure. At least I figured it out for my system, at least.

Am running I7 8700K with Geforce 1080ti. NC