PDA

View Full Version : multiplayer question

scruff
February 16th, 2009, 15:25
to join or host a game on line i have to open a number of ports.this is new to me so could someone throw some light on this.what are ports,where do i find them,how do i open them and is there anything else i should know.thanks

Shadow Wolf 07
February 16th, 2009, 16:14
to join or host a game on line i have to open a number of ports.this is new to me so could someone throw some light on this.what are ports,where do i find them,how do i open them and is there anything else i should know.thanks

"These are the ports that will need to be opened in your router to play CFS2

TCP Ports: (443 to 443) (6667 to 6667) (2300 to 2400) (28800 to 29100) (47624 to 47624)

UDP Ports: (2300 to 2400)"

Still trying to figure out how myself

scruff
February 16th, 2009, 16:31
443 to 443?how does that work?im lost

Grettir
February 16th, 2009, 16:41
I got it to work by opening the ports + :typing: firing up CFS2 and going to MP
screen. There i changed PROTOCOL TYPE to TCP/IP.

I had to phone my InternetServiceProvider and ask for :help: ,to have
the ports opened.
I do not have access to my router.
They messed it up and i got a Dp interf. error message, trying to
host or join.
I called again and very slowly repeated the port numbers (ranges).
They forgot to open the UDP Ports.
That fixed it.
Now i can host and join in the empty lobby, to my
hearts content.:amen:

"443 to 443?how does that work?im lost"
Thats the thing. Every time i want a port opened,
i have to call my ISP.
So, im lost, as how to do that my self.

Maxstuka
February 16th, 2009, 17:40
443 to 443?how does that work?im lost

Hi!, if you have msn or any type of contact with realtime friends, you can make a scenary like "host", and give only your Ip at this people,I play in my red home, but I donīt have friends player in my msn messenger or yahoo messenger for this reason, never can play in internet!.

:wavey:

Grettir
February 16th, 2009, 17:50
Hi!, if you have msn or any type of contact with realtime friends, you can make a scenary like "host", and give only your Ip at this people,I play in my red home, but I donīt have friends player in my msn messenger or yahoo messenger for this reason, never can play in internet!.

:wavey:
Right now im hosting a game on Reverb CFS2 lobby and
any one is free to join. (ice and captmercy are shooting me alot of new ones)
100% NO-Restrict. Landers safe.

Its like the old Zone, but i can host and start a
game without a player.

p14u2nv
February 19th, 2009, 10:20
I run WinXP home and I have installed Windows Firewall and energized it in addition to McAfee Security Center. I had suspected long ago that the Win Firewall was written in such a way so as to be used in addition to other firewall programs on the market. No surprisingly there are no conflicts. It is easy to add open needed ports through the Win Firewall by going to start -->settings -->control panel -->windows defender.

Once inside Win firewall go to exceptions at the top and click on "add a port." Here is where you will manually name these ports (CFS2 PTO or whatever you decide) and then add each port that you want opened and save as either TCP or UDP depending on each individual port and why it is needed to be opened.

When through, just back out by saving, close etc. Fairly easy once you do it that way. You may also have to manually open each port in the router itself. Not sure about what each ISP allows etc. Too many times however ISP's treat customers as babies and act as though no one is bright enough and can not figure out the settings needed. Except for the ISP folks themselves that is.

Hope that helps you Scruff

Shadow Wolf 07
February 19th, 2009, 10:29
I run WinXP home and I have installed Windows Firewall and energized it in addition to McAfee Security Center. I had suspected long ago that the Win Firewall was written in such a way so as to be used in addition to other firewall programs on the market. No surprisingly there are no conflicts. It is easy to add open needed ports through the Win Firewall by going to start -->settings -->control panel -->windows defender.

Once inside Win firewall go to exceptions at the top and click on "add a port." Here is where you will manually name these ports (CFS2 PTO or whatever you decide) and then add each port that you want opened and save as either TCP or UDP depending on each individual port and why it is needed to be opened.

When through, just back out by saving, close etc. Fairly easy once you do it that way. You may also have to manually open each port in the router itself. Not sure about what each ISP allows etc. Too many times however ISP's treat customers as babies and act as though no one is bright enough and can not figure out the settings needed. Except for the ISP folks themselves that is.

Hope that helps you Scruff

I got a friendly "geek" to help me out and open the ports. I had windows firewall off. My problem was getting into the router itself, but it's fixed now :)

jimskifs
February 19th, 2009, 13:12
Well, I don't know (yet) how to work the ports, but I fly online. I simply shut down the router during those times (warning others in the household first), plug the modem cable straight into the lan fitting on the back of the computer and off I go. So far, works great.

Jimski

scruff
February 19th, 2009, 14:55
thanks guys,i'll give it ago.

Grettir
February 23rd, 2009, 05:39
The dreaded Dp Interface problem
says simply, that a port or the ports are not open.

The router i have is locked w/pw by my ISP
so i have to phone them and ask to have ports open.
2 times i have got the Dp Int. error and both times
my ISP (because of ongoing problems with landline) had reverted to
default router settings...no ports open.

TCP Ports: (443) (6667) (2300 to 2400) (28800 to 29100) (47624)

UDP Ports: (2300 to 2400)

Have them open these ports and you should be flying :engel016:

scruff
February 23rd, 2009, 12:06
my isp wont open the ports.any way around this?

Grettir
February 23rd, 2009, 12:16
my isp wont open the ports.any way around this?
Not that i know of.
I am curious, how come they wont open them?

scruff
February 23rd, 2009, 12:22
talk talk dont support it.bugger.