PDA

View Full Version : Paul Newman Dies

Trans_23
September 27th, 2008, 06:06
Screen Legend Paul Newman Dies at 83 After Battle With Cancer. R.I.P. Paul.

Rami
September 27th, 2008, 06:10
I just posted a thread on this, too. Oops! :redf:

Dain Arns
September 27th, 2008, 06:21
ARRRGH! I knew it was going to happen eventually. Thanks for all of the great movies, Mr Newman. God bless, and god speed. :engel016:
How about a little homage too...

"1...2...3...Go!"
2y87EaadjqM

"Kid, next time I say let's go someplace like Bolivia, let's go someplace like Bolivia."
_qCPhah8ojQ

jmig
September 27th, 2008, 06:50
I really liked him. He was a special person in an industry full of flakes.

Snuffy
September 27th, 2008, 07:11
:engel016: R.I.P. Butch and Sundance was an excellent show. Best western.

Toastmaker
September 27th, 2008, 07:44
This is a real loss for Hollywood and all of us who enjoy great talent - RIP.

Drake
September 27th, 2008, 07:47
Another one of my heroes gone. :frown:

Have to put in my dvd of Winning and watch it again.

Captain Tenneal
September 27th, 2008, 07:54
easy does it "Cool Hand" have a good journey

Cazzie
September 27th, 2008, 09:18
One of the best of Hollywood. No pretense on Paul, he was his own man. He could have been a professional race car driver in lieu of being an actor, he was that good. I've met and talk to him at NASCAR, Grand AM, and SCCA races. Stayed married to one woman, lived his life. I guess you could say I loved the man.

Caz

Lionheart
September 27th, 2008, 09:27
Rest in peace Mr. Newman. Thanks for all you have done. From great movies, to racing, to salad dressing and recipe's to fine wine.

An amazing and busy man.

:engel016:

Bill

wombat666
September 27th, 2008, 10:01
Paul Newman, the legendary actor whose steely blue eyes, good-humored charm and advocacy of worthy causes made him one of the most renowned figures in American arts, has died of cancer at his home in Westport, Connecticut. He was 83.
In recent years, Newman talked about doing another film with his friend Redford, but the two couldn't settle on a script. In 2007, Newman said he was retiring from acting, saying he'd lost confidence in his abilities. Still, he marveled at his own resilience.
"You can't be as old as I am without waking up with a surprised look on your face every morning: 'Holy Christ, whaddya know - I'm still around!' It's absolutely amazing that I survived all the booze and smoking and the cars and the career."

A remarkable career and a remarkable man.
Sadly missed.

Moses03
September 27th, 2008, 10:03
He will be missed in the movie world. Class act.

Moses

Henry
September 27th, 2008, 10:18
Not only a great actor
but a great person
H

txnetcop
September 27th, 2008, 10:44
Cool Hand Luke will be missed greatly. He was a very good man in an industry of idiots
Ted

cheezyflier
September 27th, 2008, 13:49
man, what a vaccum he will leave in the film industry.
cool hand was great, but i really liked "the sting"

mike_cyul
September 27th, 2008, 14:20
A great man, and a life lived to the very fullest. Donated millions and millions of $ to worthy causes. And a good race driver! We need more like him.

Mike

Bruce Thompson
September 27th, 2008, 14:23
Sad news, he will be missed alot. A wonderful person, our thoughts and prayers for his Family and Friends.

PRB
September 27th, 2008, 16:31
Very sad. Truly a class act. One of my favorite Paul Newman movies remains "Absence of Malice". RIP. :frown:

Panther_99FS
September 27th, 2008, 18:31
I wish the tribute specials that have been on today spent a bit more time talking about his career in the Navy....:medals:

OBIO
September 27th, 2008, 20:19
One of the greatest examples of humanity, charity, and compassion that has ever graced Hollyweird. Very few of Paul's fabric left, and his passing is a huge hurt. He lived his life fully, fairly, and with an open mind and open arms...and having that said about you after your death is surely a good thing.

OBIO

Silver Fox
September 27th, 2008, 20:29
The man may be gone, but we get to keep the results of his talent.

I don't think I'm exaggerating to say that billions enjoyed your work... one hell of a legacy.

R.I.P.

TARPSBird
September 27th, 2008, 22:42
I wish the tribute specials that have been on today spent a bit more time talking about his career in the Navy....:medals:
For those who aren't aware of Newman's Navy aircrew service in WWII, here ya go: http://www.history.navy.mil/bios/newman_p.htm