PDA

View Full Version : Steam / Just Flight problem

dhasdell
June 30th, 2018, 05:30
I have never before had any problems with either Just Flight or Steam, but now something odd has happened. Since installing the Steam Just Flight Dunkirk Spitfire my Just Flight Battle of Britain Spitfire has stopped appearing in the aircraft selection. It's still there in SimObjects/Airplanes, but doesn't show in game. If I rename the DLC folder it reappears, although of course the new one doesn't show. Why is this happening?

David

Priller
June 30th, 2018, 06:10
Hello David,

The only thing that comes to mind is that the Steam DLC sees two aircraft with similar models by the same manufacturer and makes it so that the one that isn't covered by the DLC is rendered unusable.

But this is just a guess. IMHO, JF should make it so that both models would be visible/usable because both are covered by a valid license.

Some of this digital license stuff is so intrusive, and a bit over the top.

If they think that this is going to stop piracy, then they are sadly mistaking.

Cheers,

Priller

Dangerous Beans
June 30th, 2018, 09:36
It could well be what Priller said

Open the aircraft.cfg and check the title= lines to make sure that none of them are exactly the same. FSX would normally show an error on start up if they where but maybe it works differently with Steam DLC.

dhasdell
July 2nd, 2018, 04:53
Thank you both. I renamed the model folder for the older version from model.Mk1A to model.Mk1Aold, and changed the line in the aircraft.cfg to match and now all of my Spitfires can co-exist.

I do think it is pretty shoddy work somewhere along the line, though, as the version which disappeared wasn't just a licensed one but a bought and paid for boxed DVD. I will certainly be wary of buying any more Steam downloads.

Thanks again,

David

dhasdell
July 2nd, 2018, 06:54
It seems I was too optimistic. it's still either/or.