PDA

View Full Version : O&O defrag?

Rezabrya
February 16th, 2009, 14:50
i have this defrag software and i just had to reinstall fsx. I now have all my sceneries and plane sinstalled and it severely needs a defrag. What is the best method? Complete/access, complete/modified, or complete/name? I just did a space defrag and no wim going to do one of those three but I am not sure which one is best for performance.

Grey_Wolf
February 16th, 2009, 15:01
I tried all 3 and on my system by access seamed to give the best results

codeseven
February 16th, 2009, 15:23
Hi guys,

I now use O&O since reading NickN's OS Install Guide. He recommends it and details how to use it. Heres the link...

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1208959973

Codeseven

Bjoern
February 16th, 2009, 15:24
First-time defrag:
2*Space
1*Offline
2*Complete\Name
1*Space
1*Offline

Some time after that:
1*Space

A longer time after:
2*Space
2*Complete\Name
1*Space

Rezabrya
February 16th, 2009, 17:54
So i should do a complete/name? I just did a space and then somebody told me to do a complete/access. Should i do a name defrag now?

Chris Sykes
February 17th, 2009, 01:43
Just to add into the topic, if your using Vista or above you shouldnt need to defrag like you do with XP, however i use O&O defrag on my Vista setup using the Access setting, i was before hand using Name...

kilo delta
February 17th, 2009, 02:13
I use the access setting too. Just bear in mind that defrag programs are not recommended for use on ssd drives.

Bjoern
February 17th, 2009, 07:41
So i should do a complete/name? I just did a space and then somebody told me to do a complete/access. Should i do a name defrag now?

Yes!

Buddha13
February 17th, 2009, 08:56
Hi all,
Iobit's Smart Defrag works just as well as O+O defrag.it also has one major advantage.It is free.

Buddha13

gera
February 17th, 2009, 10:31
Hi all,
Iobit's Smart Defrag works just as well as O+O defrag.it also has one major advantage.It is free.

Buddha13

Totally Right!!!!!!!....All those " vOOdo" Defrags just cost money and do nothing different......watch out for the Snake Oil medicine Doctors....look what you got in Wash!!!!!!!!:Banane15: