PDA

View Full Version : Updated Spitfire cockpit panels released by Acwai!

AcWai
June 23rd, 2018, 06:56
Original panel was painted by Sergey "Araks" Golovachev. You can download it at
Sim-outhouse.

I have lowered the cockpit panel to allow the gunsight cross hair to show up normally
without using VIEW_FORWARD_DIR commands. I have also added the rear view mirror,
canopy hatch mechanism, and cleaned up the cockpit display area to allow the gauges
to show up cleanly.

The rectangular/round gunsight and the cockpit panel with rectangular/round rear view
mirror are interchangeable.

There are so many Spitfire cockpit panels in Sim-outhouse, do you want another one?

Cody Coyote
June 23rd, 2018, 08:11
I would. I like flying Spits and would definitely give it a try

Typhoon Willy
June 23rd, 2018, 09:51
Awesome job adjusting/modifying this classic! Yes, please upload!

Kind regards,

TW

voyager
June 23rd, 2018, 15:15
Yes, please!

AcWai
June 23rd, 2018, 18:32
Yes, please!

I will upload it tomorrow. I am doing the final testing tonight.

Worthless
June 24th, 2018, 13:47
Excellent mod. Please do upload!

AcWai
June 24th, 2018, 16:47
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/529515298502744886.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Panels Add-Ons

Description: Original panel was painted by Sergey "Araks" Golovachev. You can download it at Sim-outhouse.

Special thanks to Mike Zola for sending me a lot of Spitfire cockpit photos.

I have lowered the cockpit panel to allow the gunsight cross hair to show up normally without using the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR= command. I have also added the rear view mirror, canopy latch mechanism, and cleaned up the cockpit display area to allow the gauges to show up cleanly.

The rectangular/round gunsight and the cockpit panel with rectangular/round rear view mirror are interchangeable.

You need to install the attached modified stock SpitfireNF_mki.gau to the CFS2/gauges folder.

Thanks for downloading. Have fun!

Andrew

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Spitfire_XIVe panel.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=23735&catid=46)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

AcWai
June 24th, 2018, 16:47
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/619615298504757355.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Panels Add-Ons

Description: Original panel was painted by Sergey "Araks" Golovachev. You can download it at Sim-outhouse.

Special thanks to Mike Zola for sending me a lot of Spitfire cockpit photos.

I have lowered the cockpit panel to allow the gunsight cross hair to show up normally without using the VIEW_FORWARD_DIR= command. I have also added the rear view mirror, canopy latch mechanism, and cleaned up the cockpit display area to allow the gauges to show up cleanly.

The rectangular/round gunsight and the cockpit panel with rectangular/round rear view mirror are interchangeable.

You need to install the attached modified stock SpitfireNF_mki.gau to the CFS2/gauges folder.

Thanks for downloading. Have fun!

Andrew

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW Spitfire panel.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=23736&catid=46)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Devildog73
June 24th, 2018, 18:45
Excellent Work!

Thank you very much for your hard, time consuming work.

Any chance you could modify this one to fit a Seafire LIII?

AcWai
June 25th, 2018, 10:58
Excellent Work!

Thank you very much for your hard, time consuming work.

Any chance you could modify this one to fit a Seafire LIII?

Thanks for nice comment, it is really easy to do. I don't have that aircraft, all I have is the FAA_Seafire_Mk17_1833 NAS. It has a real nice cockpit panel.

If you want to use this new Spitfire_XIVe panel, all you need to do is to delete all the lines in the [Vcockpit01] [Vcockpit02] [Vcockpit03] sections, paste in the lines from the Seafire LIII [Vcockpit....].

If you feel uneasy to do that, please send me a private email with the Seafire LIII cockpit panel, I will make the modifications and send that back to you.

Ravenna
June 25th, 2018, 15:08
Very nice work Acwai. Thank you.

voyager
June 25th, 2018, 16:46
Thank you acwai! Nice work. Starting to install them already.

Typhoon Willy
July 1st, 2018, 16:03
Thank you!