PDA

View Full Version : New guy checking in..

Quicksand
June 19th, 2018, 13:56
Hi guys. I am downloading the sim as I type. Just wanted to say hello, and prepare you in case you need extra patience when I ask the typical newbie questions. I'm excited to have this sim. :jump:

Corvette99
June 19th, 2018, 14:23
Welcome Quicksand! Always need FNG's ! LOL !
Hope you enjoy your new sim. I believe it's the best platform for any form of sim flight currently.

Stinger
June 19th, 2018, 14:38
Have no fear Quicksand, you have landed in the best possible place for help. The membership here is the best in the business. Welcome Aboard :wavey:

Quicksand
June 19th, 2018, 14:49
Thanks guys. Will report when I get it up and running. 👍

stovall
June 19th, 2018, 14:57
Welcome Quicksand. You will find some of the best sim folks in the world here.

strykerpsg
June 19th, 2018, 15:23
Welcome aboard! I can only say great things about the crew that hang out in these threads, always helpful and highly reliable.

jmig
June 19th, 2018, 16:29
Welcome Quicksand! We are glad to have you with us.

odourboy
June 19th, 2018, 16:47
Hi guys. I am downloading the sim as I type. Just wanted to say hello, and prepare you in case you need extra patience when I ask the typical newbie questions. I'm excited to have this sim. :jump:

I'm confused! I see you joined in 2005 and have 1173 posts. How can you be a new guy?! :dizzy: LOL

Stinger
June 19th, 2018, 17:04
I think he means new to P3D

wombat666
June 19th, 2018, 18:28
Fresh meat!:redfire:
Kidding, some very good people here, and there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers, so please ask away.

Victory103
June 20th, 2018, 09:19
QS,
You seem to following me on the whole transition. Starting with the new cpu build thread, I also spent most of last week tweaking P3Dv4 and the long process of adding in my FSX files. Long time FS guy, but the P3D folder structure thrashed everything I was used to previously. I just got ActiveSky and PTA, but even stock I could see the difference from FSX, which is still on my laptop. Welcome, tons of gouge here on models,scenery that work, I know I have been searching the posts and sending a few PMs for help. I've got a baseline display setting, but still working that for best performance.

Quicksand
June 21st, 2018, 04:21
Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been so busy at work that I haven't even had time to install the sim. Hopefully this weekend will give me an opportunity.

CG_1976
June 21st, 2018, 11:40
Welcome back to SOH and to the Twisted Side of FS. The dark zone floated to Xplane somehow lol.

Quicksand
June 22nd, 2018, 14:19
All I can say is holy crap. I just got p3dv4 installed and did a quick flight with the milviz P38......and my jaw is still on the floor. Granted my installation is vanilla, but I'm getting 90-120 fps, set to unlimited. I'm still in shock.....and loving it. Multiple questions to follow later, but it's time to do my honey-do list. Thanks for all of your replies. I'm hooked....