PDA

View Full Version : Control Problem 2

IanHenry
June 16th, 2018, 10:04
Hi,
Following on from my previous post regarding control issues, which I thought I'd solved but it seems that I haven't.
I've re-formatted and re-installed DCS. I transferred my saved control profiles back into the Saved Games etc folder and tried to import them back into the game but unfortunately thy didn't work. I then re-set the controls to default and tried to bind the controls to my joystick (Thrustmaster Warthog) but when I use the switch nothing happens but if I use the keyboard the function dose operate.

I can't figure out what's going wrong because the joystick works fine in P3D. I'm using the drivers that came through Windows 10.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them because I've run out of ideas.

Regards,
Ian

StormILM
June 18th, 2018, 14:03
Ian,

I see no one has replied and thought I'd give it a stab. I don't have a TM Warthog but from having tested one and recalling some having issues, I am wondering two things, first if it's some sort of hardware circuit related issue that for whatever reason is failing to recognize and retain control assignment binding with DCS (while working perfectly with other programs)? Also, I am wondering if something in Win10 is causing havoc here? The latter is quite wide brush in scope but seeing how many folks have had issues with Win10 with some program interfacing, it makes me wonder. I have a Saitek X56 (and a X55 before then) that would not bind at all with Falcon 4 BMS no matter what I did (rendering the program useless).

Sorry I can't offer more but I will keep an eye out and let you know if I see anything along these lines you've reported.

Mach3DS
June 18th, 2018, 20:51
I have a TM Warthog. What's the problem specifically? You need to be 100% sure because, DCS will sometimes randomly assign Joystick and throttle and Rudder functions to all 3 controllers that don't belong, along with the ones that DO belong causing conflicting and nullifying effects in some cases. You must clear out all the AXIS commands from each column ensuring there are not duplicate commands for controllers not in the correct controller column.

1stly, you should have the TM warthog drivers installed. unless you get the TM drivers it's a gamble if the windows supplied ones will actually work correctly. You may also need to do a firmware update on your controllers. I needed to do this!

Are the controllers not being detected? Specifically which ones are and which ones are not?

What version of DCS are you running? Open Beta or Stable? (Open beta is recommended because it's actually MORE stable than the stable version right now).

IanHenry
June 18th, 2018, 23:52
Many thanks for your replies, I think I've sorted the problem out now (famous last words:dizzy:). When I did the re-install I installed the 'stable' version whereas previously I'd had the open beta, so I've uninstalled the stable version and installed the beta and everything looks fine now (fingers crossed). You wouldn't think it would make any difference would you!

Thanks,
Ian

StormILM
June 19th, 2018, 12:52
Glad to hear it! Now that you mention you had a different version installed, I wonder if that may have been at the core of the problem. Reason being that many of the weekly and major updates are geared towards 2.5 & later patches and it's entirely possible some updated elements went missing. Maybe I'm wrong but I know that when I've held off updating at times, I noticed I had issues with some modules not wanting to work correctly and that some control bindings seemed to be very glitchy. Then again, some updates have triggered issues as well.