PDA

View Full Version : CPU Temp Warning

harleyman
February 16th, 2009, 12:02
Just got my rig fixed finally...Had it out in the shop and put a new bigger PSU into it.....

I noticed last week before it went to a shop for testing,after leaving another shop in town, that the CPU looked hotter than usual....

I asked the shop to check it out for me...They said it was fine.....

So loaded a flight after getting her connected back up, 2 minutes into the flight the bios beeper goes on and continues......Hmmm.. i hit Esc to exit and the beeping stopped........Selected Continue flying, and it started back up.....

A check at idol with HWMonitor showed both cores at 54-55..... To hot for me..it used to idel at 37-38.....

Loaded FSX again in windowed while watching HWMonitor and sure enough as soon as the tempd hit 62 the beeping started up again.....LOL

I have it set in the bios to warn at 60......And it does.........

I'm very tired now..I guess I will wait till the morning to reseat the heatsink......

Thanks to all the guys in the shop that looked into my temps and said they were fine....Idiots.......DUH...

Oh well...Whats one more thing...At least FSX is smooth and purty now.....

Thanks for listening to my ranting....

Wiens
February 16th, 2009, 12:30
Does it ever end for you, Mason?????........:173go1:

Kevin :d

harleyman
February 16th, 2009, 12:40
:wavey:No...I guess not...At least this is an easy fix..........

Just went to my storage house and got my Artic Silver so I guess I will go ahead and just do this thing...LOL :faint:

Warrant
February 16th, 2009, 12:49
:wavey:No...I guess not...At least this is an easy fix..........

Just went to my storage house and got my Artic Silver so I guess I will go ahead and just do this thing...LOL :faint:

Have you tried the same action with the puter's cover removed?

Power unit generates heat, and so does the processor (or processors) and the vidcard(s). If with the covers removed the problem only occurs after a significant longer time span, the cooling airflow is wrong or inadequate. You might want to consider a total different approach of your cooling system (liquid cooling tubes or extra cooling ventilators/propellers sideway's integrated in your covers).

idancesafetydance
February 16th, 2009, 13:21
dust off the heatsink, I fried a CPU once becuase the heatsink was clogged with dust. boy.. burning dust smell horrible :P

harleyman
February 16th, 2009, 13:27
All better now...The Thermal bond was broken....A little cleaning,,new Artic Silver...... Reseat the heatsink...

Bios reads CPU at 32 again..

HWMonitor reads cores at 37- 38 again........

Life is good again...Now to burn it in..

later........:wave:

hey_moe
February 16th, 2009, 13:29
First thing I would try and find out is why the temps keep climbing like that. Are you way overclocked or is the CPU cooler not doing it's job.

harleyman
February 16th, 2009, 13:54
It got knocked loose at a shop that had no business working on a computer......

The past bond got broken..

it does not climb...It has always been at 37-38 till a local shop looked at it..

I just got it back and checked into it first thing...

Just burnt it in and all is again running great...

Thanks................

SolarEagle
February 16th, 2009, 14:05
It got knocked loose at a shop that had no business working on a computer......

I talk to "Computer technicians" all the time, and when they call for support I often have to teach these "techs" basic stuff, like how to enter safe mode, that you must use safe mode with networking to have inet access from there, that routers and firewall can block email, and all sorts of basic stuff. These are guys are in the PC repair business and operating under the label of computer technician. So it's true many should not be touching other peoples systems.

Dangerous Beans
February 16th, 2009, 14:10
You know what they say. If you want a job done properly do it yourself.

harleyman
February 16th, 2009, 14:36
You know what they say. If you want a job done properly do it yourself.

I did......

My CPU temps under load never get above 49 now.......I can live with that all day long...

It funny but now that I have a better PSU installed I had to redo my Config tweaks ...

I'm about good now..

Locked at 45 and holds there till I get over a big airport and it gets hit down to 25-28 sometimes...It was better before I installed Traffic X...That is set at 75% and GA is 100%.. Airport traffic is mid way...Whatever that is and the bottom three are all 45%

So I got some room there to adjust....

Going to try and use WOAI stuff in FSX and try that..I was using FSX at 100% traffic and had a small hit..but not like Traffic X gave me....

We'll see what WOAI does for me then....I have been taught how to use the installer and to convert the traffic files over to FSX today....Now to see how bad a student I am.....LOL

Dangerous Beans
February 16th, 2009, 14:43
Airport traffic is things like baggage truck and stuff.
I keep them set on low, I've been cut up by them while taxiing resulting in a crash on sereral occasions.