PDA

View Full Version : Instant Scenery for V4; will it ever happen?

Navy Chief
June 3rd, 2018, 12:20
I am still hopeful that Flight 1 will make their Instant Scenery compatible with P3DV4. Simdirector is supposed to do what Instant Scenery does, and more, but it is complicated to use (leastwise I am not able to understand how to use it).

Instant Scenery was relatively easy to use.

Flight 1, come on! NC

falcon409
June 3rd, 2018, 12:36
Pete, I've been checking off and on ever since it went offline with the whatever version of P3D broke it, lol. Conversation on SimForums has, at times, been heated with no real information coming from whoever it is that does the development work. At one time mid-summer last year it was thought that it might be released by later this year. Apparently they were about to release an update when the next version of P3D was released and it broke everything they had done and were forced to shelve it. There was also speculation, though not confirmed, that we had seen the last of the Instant Scenery Updates. That they were done trying to keep up with LM updates.

For myself, I just build what I want in FSX and everything works fine in both Sims.

Navy Chief
June 4th, 2018, 05:14
Thanks Ed,

So you build in FSX and then install in V4? Pete

falcon409
June 4th, 2018, 05:22
Thanks Ed,

So you build in FSX and then install in V4? Pete
Yes. My scenery isn't very complicated. . .certainly not compared to what Orbx does or the work that Bill Womack has done. For a short time I was compiling one version for FSX then a second for P3D. . .until I realized that everything compiled for FSX worked in P3D. I also quit using addon scenery objects from others because a lot of those were for FS9 and no longer work in P3D. I build my own custom buildings and supplement those with default objects from the Sim. That way everything shows up and no one has to go downloading a bunch of other objects to get everything to show up.

Navy Chief
June 4th, 2018, 11:43
Yes. My scenery isn't very complicated. . .certainly not compared to what Orbx does or the work that Bill Womack has done. For a short time I was compiling one version for FSX then a second for P3D. . .until I realized that everything compiled for FSX worked in P3D. I also quit using addon scenery objects from others because a lot of those were for FS9 and no longer work in P3D. I build my own custom buildings and supplement those with default objects from the Sim. That way everything shows up and no one has to go downloading a bunch of other objects to get everything to show up.

All I am really wanting to do is insert some GSE objects on Naval Air Station flight lines, along with some static USN aircraft. That's about it. I gave up attempting to create AI plans, etc...a long time ago. I will be content with just seeing other aircraft on the flight line. NC

jmig
June 5th, 2018, 06:56
Chief, Airport Design Editor (ADE) does a very good job of placing items on to an airfield, as does SBuilderX.