PDA

View Full Version : Dino's T-45

jmig
May 31st, 2018, 07:49
I tried to fly Dino's T-45 in V4.2. I am not getting any MPD or HUD imagery. It is like they are off. The battery and generator switches are on. Engine is running. I fiddled with the control knobs to no avail.

Is there a trick? Does it have problems in V4? If so, is there a fix? I really like this airplane.

DaveWG
May 31st, 2018, 08:09
I think the T45 uses the FSX Acceleration F18 gauge, which isn't compatible with v4.

Edit: I'm sure the most recent versions did away with the F18 gauge. Make sure you have the latest from Dinos website.

Stinger
May 31st, 2018, 08:11
It our main training aircraft for Carrier Ops and we have not found any issue with it. My suggestion would be to delete it and try a reinstall

jmig
May 31st, 2018, 11:28
Thank you both for the information. I will try a reinstall. However, it looks like you just drag the folders into PD3.

Dave, I am using version 2.83, which I am pretty sure is the latest version.

jmig
May 31st, 2018, 16:02
Reinstalling didn't work. Not sure what the issue is.

Daube
May 31st, 2018, 17:45
I'm not sure but perhaps the battery and generator switches are not enough to turn on these systems ?
I mean, in other fighter airplanes, HUD usually has a dedicated switch to turn it on, right ? I don't quite remember on the t-45, though...

RobM
May 31st, 2018, 18:04
I just downloaded v2.83 and installed in v4.2, and everything worked fine - at least the plane loaded up ready to fly with all instruments
and HUD operating. I didn't try a cold and dark start.

The plane is Tacpack ready, and I loaded with Tacpack on. Do you have Tacpack installed (I don't know how much a difference it makes
if you don't have Tacpack)?

Another thought: have you tried changing your default loading aircraft and airport? I find some planes are really sensitive in P3Dv4
to the default loading aircraft I use.

- RobM

PS: I don't know why I hadn't installed Dino's T45 in v4 yet. It really is nice to fly. Too many other airplanes I guess...

mpni
June 1st, 2018, 23:19
Hi
2 little videos with the Dino's T45
http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/Test/T45_Nimitz_Case3.mp4
http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/Test/T45_Nimitz_Dusk.mp4

jmig
June 2nd, 2018, 04:57
I have it working. I am working with a new Milviz Beta fighter and was having issues. As part of my attempt to get the Beta to work with my system, I uninstalled and reinstalled PD3 V4.2. The T-45 MPD's and HUD started working.