PDA

View Full Version : missing maules

middle
May 28th, 2018, 16:11
Hi GUys...somehow my fsx maules have come up missing...I have the one with skis but it has no panel cuz it's aliased to the wheeled maule.....could someone email me the maules? It may have happened when I reinstalled with steam...or it could have happened with this laptop I'm using...not sure...the sime runs fine, I just can't do the maule missions
my email is... 1deadeye06@gmail.com thanks and have a great Memorial Day!

blanston12
May 28th, 2018, 16:22
While I have never had to do this myself, in the steam library if you select
FSX-SE -> Properties -> Local Files
There is an option for "Verify Integrity of Game Files..."
Try that and see if it restores it.

middle
May 28th, 2018, 16:45
While I have never had to do this myself, in the steam library if you select
FSX-SE -> Properties -> Local Files
There is an option for "Verify Integrity of Game Files..."
Try that and see if it restores it.
i'll try that...thanks...I'm just getting used to Steam

PhantomTweak
May 28th, 2018, 22:03
I've been using FSX:SE since the day it came out, and I've used that File Verification selection three times so far, with excellent results.
It has an awesome File back-up feature as well, that really rocks. I strongly suggest you use is on a regular basis.
If the verifier deletes the add-ons, and if the sim is damaged badly enough it will, essentially re-installing from point-zero, then once it gets done, you can restore from your back-up, and bingo-bango, everything's back where it belongs.

Take a look through the Steam menus in the Library, where your sim is, you can find all sorts of goodies :D
Have fun with it!
Pat☺

middle
May 29th, 2018, 14:41
OK...so I used the verification tool and all that wo4ked fine...but now, it turns out that my addon scenery folder has vanished...but, the sim runs fine...it just tells me that area 120 is not available which is very weird...I haven't put anything into thee addons folder yet....what id like to know is there nything in that folder with a new installation? I ran the verify tool again and it says all is well.so I'm thinking that I can just make another folder and put it in there...

PhantomTweak
May 29th, 2018, 22:54
The sim's default folder Addon Scenery is empty when the sim installs. You can make the Addon Scenery\Scenery and ...\Texture folders yourself, though. Like I said, you need to back up anything you add in to the sim before you run that verification tool. Aircraft, effects gauges, scenery, you name it. I use their backup tool, right where the Verification tool is. Same menu, IIRC.
You can see that, as I mentioned, often the verification tool will restore the sim to a freshly installed state. If you have everything backed up, either you can restore your additions to the sim manually, if you backed them up manually, so to speak, or, if you use their back up tool, you can restore everything after the verification tool gets done. Just be careful not to restore bad files into the sim.

Have fun!
Pat☺