PDA

View Full Version : Carenado B200 KA Weather Radar

scotth6
May 27th, 2018, 03:42
Hi,

From what I read the weather radar in the Carenado B200 King Air should be functional, and I have found there are gauges for it in the gauges folder, but I can not get it to pick up even the heaviest of weather. According to the manuals it should be as simple as switching on weather on the Avidyne Multifunction Display, but I can not get it to work.

I use Opus FSX in P3DV3 and Rex Skyforce in P3DV4.

Does anyone know if Carenado weather radars require Active Sky like a number of other aircraft? Or any other advice on how I can get the B200 weather radar to function? Am I missing a switch somewhere? :untroubled:

Cheers,

expat
May 28th, 2018, 00:08
Not sure I have ever got the WX radar to work on the Carenado B200.

LouP
May 28th, 2018, 06:01
It works in one of my King Airs but don't remember which one. I don't recall any of them not working (I have all his KAs). Make sure it is turned on and the brightness is turned all the way up.

LouP

scotth6
May 29th, 2018, 02:23
Thanks Gents,

I will keep looking. There's surprisingly little information in the manuals or anywhere online.

Cheers,

fsafranek
June 13th, 2018, 08:47
You might scan the threads or ask at the Avsim Carenado forum: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/583-b200-king-air-fsx-p3d/
:ernaehrung004:

scotth6
June 13th, 2018, 19:46
You might scan the threads or ask at the Avsim Carenado forum: https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/583-b200-king-air-fsx-p3d/
:ernaehrung004:

Thanks Frank,

I did both already, and I also contacted support. Carenado support were very willing to help, but unfortunately they couldn't replicate my issue. I had the issue on the B200 and the C90 GTX, but have been unable to get either to work. I did see one slight radar return in the B200 once, but have not been able to get a consistent solution. Not a big deal. I do have the REX/Milviz radar and I am also used to flying a lot of my aircraft without functional radars, as I do not own Active Sky.

Cheers,

jeansy
June 14th, 2018, 23:50
weird scott i checked mine it appears to work on my end, you have it installed in the p3dv4 root folder or an external addon folder?

some people have found gauges or effects not working correctly outside the root folder if moved deliberately away from the root install

scotth6
June 15th, 2018, 23:29
Hi Matt,

Everything is installed in the default location, which I'm pretty sure is in the P3D root folder. Strangely when I installed the C90 GTX there was no 64 bit version of the CMeteoXml.dll installed, but that was installed with the B200 when I installed that in to P3DV4. I'm not sure what's happening. Like I said, not a big deal though. I fly the PMDG 737NGX a lot and I don't have that weather radar working either (no Acive Sky).

Cheers,

jeansy
June 16th, 2018, 16:52
Hi Matt,

Everything is installed in the default location, which I'm pretty sure is in the P3D root folder. Strangely when I installed the C90 GTX there was no 64 bit version of the CMeteoXml.dll installed, but that was installed with the B200 when I installed that in to P3DV4. I'm not sure what's happening. Like I said, not a big deal though. I fly the PMDG 737NGX a lot and I don't have that weather radar working either (no Acive Sky).

Cheers,

I noticed yesterday the ngx wx radar wasnt working as well

Ive also notice duplicate entries for carenado in the the multiple dll.xmls in program data and user app folders

I did a consolidated dll.xml and exe.xml and things seem to be a bit smoother

expat
June 29th, 2018, 02:14
Scott, curious to know if you are still unresolved. Am in the process of installing Bill's (at avsim Carenado forum) Raisbeck Blackhawk mods and wanted to sort the radar out if possible at the same time. I just copied my B200 folder from FSX into P3Dv4 - I don't often use the original installer, so the gauges must be in the airplane/panel folder (my general preference), however, you don't seem to get the radar with the gauges in the root folder either.

I get a blank page on the Avidyne when I select the "radar" page with the knob. On the map page there also is a button to select WX. I think once or twice back in FSX I saw some cloud/weather formation overlaying the terrain map but otherwise radar is non-functioning!

scotth6
June 30th, 2018, 03:53
I did just reinstall the B200 a day or two ago, and yes I did get some returns when flying it last night. I don't know if it's working properly though, as the returns are just a screen full of pink/purple dots. I read somewhere the Carenado radars actually pick up clouds and not precipitation.

There were clouds, but the radar seems pretty useless to me as there were no shapes or positions described in the picture. It was just a screen full of pink dots.

As for the Carenado C90 GTX, I have never seen that radar work at all.

As for the installer, I got a free P3DV4 installer when they updated that, so you should be able to get the same if you haven't already. Just re download from where you bought it.

Cheers,

expat
June 30th, 2018, 09:12
Thanks. As it turned out, I did use the new P3Dv4 installer and the gauges are in the main gauges folder. Interesting why a reinstall seems to fix it.