PDA

View Full Version : RNAS Ford (HMS Peregrine) scenery for FSX

ian elliot
May 25th, 2018, 10:11
Ive a couple of lesser known Fleet air arm airfields out this weekend starting with Ford already uploaded

Originally an RAF airfield during the Second World War, this scenery represents the airfield in Fleet Air Arm hands from 1945 to 1958. This period saw the forming and training of Sqds with new aircraft types including jets, most notably No 800 Squadron which formed at HMS Peregrine with Supermarine Attackers in 1951 to become the first naval jet fighter unit, and the testing and evaluation of Supermarine Scimitars for future FAA use before the airfield closing in 58

you need to visit IanP's site and grab yourself his librarys---

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/ye-olde-all-in-one-scenerie-downloade-filess/

The General servise shed objects are by my good self

This scenery is for FSX-Acc, i dont have Orbex or any other terrain ehancments, so i dont know if they work or not, Same for PS3D, i dont have it so i dont know, some of my scenery works apparentl, so try it and see.

Ive included a very basic traffic file using Rob Richardson's Supermarine Attacker found here---

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/page3.html

There's no flying, just 3 static 800Sq Attacker's for atmosphere, you will need to add this line to
the Attacker's cfg, "atc_parking_types=MIL_COMBAT" for the plane's to show

The Attacker is not a dedicated Ai aircraft so i dont know how it would behave flying, and 3 is about
as many i could get away using without impacting on frame's

enjoy

eddie
May 29th, 2018, 13:34
Thanks Ian!! I was just curious, wanted to ask if you have ever done a seaplane base I could use for Sunderlands, or any other period type seaplanes.I have several old Sikorsky's that could use a place to fly from too, was happy these old models from around 2009 still work n FSX,lol

fallenphoenix1986
May 29th, 2018, 15:23
Interesting thought, I live about 500m from what was once a Sunderland base, not much left now though bar a couple of slip ways.

Old RNAS stations are welcome though, plenty of old Navy birds in my hangar and I don't think I've installed any shore stations to fly them from, flight decks only so far.

Craig

ian elliot
May 30th, 2018, 10:25
Thanks Ian!! I was just curious, wanted to ask if you have ever done a seaplane base I could use for Sunderlands

I haven't yet im afraid, but ive a couple of airfields in the Western Isle and on to Orkney waiting to be finished, be easy enough to include one.

eddie
May 30th, 2018, 11:21
That sounds great Ian, thank you for considering it!

IanP
May 31st, 2018, 10:51
Castle Archdale in Norn Iron was a major Sunderland base and is on my hitlist, as is the island off it, which was also a major Sunderland base. I have another partially complete RNAS off the top of Scotland (disembarked Squadrons one this time...) but I cannot post its name, as it's a naughty word, plus a 't'. :engel016:

I'm also looking at... Wig Bay, I think it may be? Near Stranraer, where there is just enough left to work out the position of the hangars, although I'm not entirely sure what type they were yet.

Back on topic, nice one Ian!

Ian P.

eddie
May 31st, 2018, 11:05
Castle Archdale in Norn Iron was a major Sunderland base and is on my hitlist, as is the island off it, which was also a major Sunderland base. I have another partially complete RNAS off the top of Scotland (disembarked Squadrons one this time...) but I cannot post its name, as it's a naughty word, plus a 't'. :engel016:

I'm also looking at... Wig Bay, I think it may be? Near Stranraer, where there is just enough left to work out the position of the hangars, although I'm not entirely sure what type they were yet.

Back on topic, nice one Ian!

Ian P.

LOL Have to watch the language I guess Ian!!

ian elliot
May 31st, 2018, 11:12
Good luck with Castle Archdale ian, Lough Erne's not in the FSX landscape, strangly, it is included in FS9 but missing in FSX, found that out by accident when i tested out Shessi's FS9 Cats and scenery in FSX. Im not that confident with Sbuilder yet to construct a whole lake :biggrin-new:

PS, other than the usual prop issue's, Shessi's Cats look really nice in FSX

PPS, Oban looks do-able with my limited skill's :encouragement:

IanP
June 1st, 2018, 03:25
Grab my Enniskillen scenery from Avsim (ijp_egab_vp01.zip)... Voila, Lower Lough Erne is back. Upper Lough Erne made me cry, but it did start a whole project of adding many of the missing water bodies within the island of Ireland. ;)

I haven't revisted that project for ages, so have no idea how far I got before SBX crashed once too often and made me throw my toy pixels out of the toy pram.

Cheers,

Ian P.

ian elliot
June 1st, 2018, 09:56
Thanks Ian :encouragement: