PDA

View Full Version : need help setting up a WWII Carrier to fly some carrier ops

davegee
May 25th, 2018, 07:25
Hi: I'm brand new to P3Dv4. I got an add on FG-1 Corsair that I have figured out to fly and use the ordnance. I would like to try some carrier ops, but have no idea how to produce a carrier and fly off one. I do have the VRS add-on, but not much help yet on figuring this out. Can anyone point me the right direction to get started?

thanks

PhantomTweak
May 25th, 2018, 10:49
IF, and that's a big IF, it were me, I would download and install AICarriers.NET. Also, a decent WWII type carrier that is AICarriers capable. There are a few in the Library here on SOH.
Load up AICarriers, then move your plane out to the ocean where you want the carrier to be using the slew function. Place the carrier using the AICarriers menu, put it in motion, and then lower your plane to the deck gently. Take the plane out of Slew and go flying!
Quick, simple, easy, and painless :encouragement:
Also, HAVE FUN!
Pat☺

awstub
May 25th, 2018, 18:00
I second AIcarriers.NET ......but for a quick start, you can just go into the SOH Warbirds library and look in the FSX Ships folder and download a carrier that interests you...... like perhaps CV-9 USS "Essex" WWII for FSX/P3D.zip

It comes with a fleet, but if you add it into P3D via Tacpack, you can only get the carrier to show up..... but it will get you started.
Once you get AIcarriers.NET working you can add it and the fleet.

If you do add it with Tacpack, you have to go into Tacpack manager and add it to the list....which then allows you to add it into P3D.

Hi: I'm brand new to P3Dv4. I got an add on FG-1 Corsair that I have figured out to fly and use the ordnance. I would like to try some carrier ops, but have no idea how to produce a carrier and fly off one. I do have the VRS add-on, but not much help yet on figuring this out. Can anyone point me the right direction to get started?

thanks