PDA

View Full Version : FLYFREESTD - MiG 29 FIRST GENERATION P3D4 released

jeansy
May 9th, 2018, 03:46
this is looking alright https://secure.simmarket.com/flyfreestd-mig-29-first-generation-p3d4.phtml

ive spend this pays pocket money so i would be interested if anyone buys it and get their solders 5 about it

Victory103
May 9th, 2018, 09:30
This thing just pop up, didn’t but see any WIP details? Glad they added English in the cockpit and the UB periscope looks functional.

Sundog
May 9th, 2018, 16:26
I'll wait for the other one under development. ;)

DaveWG
May 9th, 2018, 23:53
Who's making the "other" one?

Montie
May 10th, 2018, 00:29
Interesting package, great to finally see an UB model in FS.

greenie
May 10th, 2018, 03:11

I read Sundog's post as a joke and after looking at it I think I'll wait for the "other" one .
Suddenly feel as though I'm on thin ice here !!

hschuit
May 10th, 2018, 03:22
I would like to know too. The only new FSX/P3D MiG29 payware projects I noticed the last couple of years were from Metal2Mesh (somewhere in 2014 I think, Razbam was involved, ended up nowhere) and Milviz (announced in 2012, status unclear).

Henk.

wombat666
May 10th, 2018, 04:24
Not one I'd be that keen on, certainly not as a 'first timer'.
:wink:

spatialpro
May 11th, 2018, 02:22
Ok, I am VEEEEERY tempted! Clearly a ton of work has gone into this and it covers 4 different models (I'm impressed a two seater, with periscope, is included). More paints than you can shake a stick at too. I think I would enjoy flying this solo... but what I'd really like is to fly this MP and even moreso with TacPack... just imagine this going up against, say Dino's Typhoon over the North Sea! If there was a whiff of a TacPack [free] upgrade in the works I'd be delighted! TBH I'll probably buy it anyway, but it'll have to be in next month pay cheque now....

spatialpro
May 11th, 2018, 02:26
Also, although the sales screenshots are great (and plentyful!) this one deserves an HD video to really sell it...

jeansy
May 15th, 2018, 04:40
just bought it, so it looks like im going to be a guinea pig

if i get burnt i get burnt, its a new developer who is untested unlike all the times ive been burnt from a so called "experienced reputable" developer

jeansy
May 15th, 2018, 05:10
having a quick 5, its actually pretty good, you can use the periscope select different loads, theres some good spec mapping and the VC is about 6-7/10 it comes with painkits and has ground support and crew toggle options

loads of paints, lots of click able things in the vc and a working radar

very nice AB effects and overall is very frame friendly

Desert Rat
May 15th, 2018, 12:30
.....its a new developer.....

they have several models available on SimMarket, UAV's, Mig's, Typhoon, Biplanes, etc.

Roger
May 15th, 2018, 17:19
Never heard of them before, but viewing their products, I bought their FFS-Halberstadt D2 for FsX, so thanks for the hu.

jeansy
May 15th, 2018, 19:26
they have several models available on SimMarket, UAV's, Mig's, Typhoon, Biplanes, etc.

ahhh your right, i didnt even bother to look, i know who these guys are after reading your post i know of the AC plus carrier packages, i didnt know about the biplanes

anyway they have done a reasonably good job and come a fair way comparison to their previous releases

CG_1976
May 15th, 2018, 19:51
If it quacks a Cuban Mig, Im all in, lock on and bought. Time to snack on Pressed Conch Key West NAS Sub lol.

wombat666
May 15th, 2018, 23:35
Could care less about the MiG but I'll give their WWI aircraft a run, never enough of these available.
:encouragement:
So they aren't newbies. Good to know.

thefrog
May 16th, 2018, 04:37
Never heard of them before, but viewing their products, I bought their FFS-Halberstadt D2 for FsX, so thanks for the hu.
Just wondering what you think of the Halberstadt? Especially the vc. There aren't many screenshots on the purchase page.

Roger
May 16th, 2018, 09:30
Just wondering what you think of the Halberstadt? Especially the vc. There aren't many screenshots on the purchase page.

For the money, I really like it. The vc is fine, but there's not much to see, frankly. The windscreen is very oily but a new alpha would probably take care of that. Not sure if it's P3D v4 compatible though.

Gregory Paul
May 17th, 2018, 07:52
Ok so I picked up the FLYFREESTD MiG-29. I don't really find it frame friendly (20FPS outside the aircraft and about 10-12 FPS in VC) on my FX-8350 with GTX 1060 6GB. You can see the little load out gauge on the bottom left. They are all preset you just click on it to change the load. I've never flown a real MiG-29 but I would think it would be more agile than this one. It may be have to much power as I was to go over 1,000 kts at low level (2,000 AGL). VC is meh...I can't read Russian so I don't know what anything does (When you do hover over the button's in the VC it does pop up in english to tell you what it is.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60444&stc=1

jeansy
May 18th, 2018, 06:05
you definitely have an issue, i get a steady locked 30 frames both in and out

fsafranek
May 23rd, 2018, 05:33
"They" have been around a while. I think it's a one man show or at least it used to be. He asked me add some notes to my website five years back so people could use his Rafale on FSX carriers. My only issue was that he had a static display type weapons load (airshow load everything style) that couldn't be modified. Good to see though that he has continued to develop and for P3Dv4 as well.
:ernaehrung004:

odourboy
May 23rd, 2018, 05:57
Ok so I picked up the FLYFREESTD MiG-29. I don't really find it frame friendly (20FPS outside the aircraft and about 10-12 FPS in VC) on my FX-8350 with GTX 1060 6GB. You can see the little load out gauge on the bottom left. They are all preset you just click on it to change the load. I've never flown a real MiG-29 but I would think it would be more agile than this one. It may be have to much power as I was to go over 1,000 kts at low level (2,000 AGL). VC is meh...I can't read Russian so I don't know what anything does (When you do hover over the button's in the VC it does pop up in english to tell you what it is.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60444&stc=1

According to the product description, the 912/A version has an English VC. Can you confirm? Is the VC just all around meh or is it the fact that it's in Russian that is off putting? I don't want anything less than excellent VC in my V4 fleet.

Also, for night flying, does the VC instrument lighting have variable levels or is it just on/off?

Cheers!

Gregory Paul
May 23rd, 2018, 14:30
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60576&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60577&stc=1

That's a few screen shots of the VC at night. The 912/A version does have English text in the VC. I'm not a big VC type of guy. So i'm not big on all the buttons and all. The screen shots are from P3DV4. I do really like that I don't have to do any online registration or enter any serial number to install the aircraft. And you can install the aircraft in any dir you want then move it to the sim. I purchased the version for P3DV4 but I have also install it into Steam FSX and P3DV2 without any problems. Funny thing I find that I get better FPS in Steam FSX and P3Dv2 than I do in P3DV4. Low 20's in P3DV4 external view but in Steam or P3DV2 I get in the Mid 30's in external view.

wombat666
May 26th, 2018, 08:47
you definitely have an issue, i get a steady locked 30 frames both in and out

Only 30 FPS?
What's wrong with your system?
:playful:

jeansy
May 26th, 2018, 23:39
Only 30 FPS?
What's wrong with your system?
:playful:

nothing wrong with the system, its just the AI formation addon from fight1 doesnt like over 30fps otherwise i get jumpy formation aircraft