PDA

View Full Version : Northrop RF/61C Reporter RELEASED

DC1973
May 9th, 2018, 01:18
Hi everyone,

Following the feedback from the BETA, the RF/61C has now been updated in the Warbirds library as v1.

Change log;

Engines corrected - all instruments, fuel taps, starters etc now work correctly.
Lights visibility now slaved to switches
Beacon attach point removed
FDE enhanced for performance and realism ( by Pam )
Fuel truck visibility now only selectable when on the ground below 5 KIAS
Manual updated with new V-speeds and power settings, and more control descriptions
Views adjusted as per additions by testers ( thanks! )
Vapor trail from right wing removed when engines at full power
Virtual Cockpit texture for rear seat, allowing instruments to be added at will

There are still a few small issues with some secondary switches not animating when clicked ( despite being animated ) however I have not been able to find solutions to these issues. They are however minor and do not affect the airplane in any way.

So, after just over a year work my first flight sim airplane is complete. Enjoy all! :jump:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60230&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60231&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60232&stc=1

Seahawk72s
May 9th, 2018, 06:33
Thanks..!
My interpretation of the VC observer position. The graphics need more work as well as the gauges.

falcon409
May 9th, 2018, 07:26
Not showing in the downloads area yet. Looking forward to trying the updated "Final Release". Beautiful work Dean!

MrZippy
May 9th, 2018, 07:35
Not showing in the downloads area yet. Looking forward to trying the updated "Final Release". Beautiful work Dean!

I downloaded it this morning. It's an update to the download that was there, already.

Roger
May 9th, 2018, 09:18
Download here http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=37&id=23602

Lonewolfee1
May 9th, 2018, 09:19
Thank You for all your work!

rgatkinson
May 9th, 2018, 10:11
Thank you for all your hard work and generosity in making this available to us all - much appreciated. :applause:

Regards,

Taff

jimjones
May 9th, 2018, 10:55
Thanks for the V1 release and all the hard work by you and the team.

I like the new camera views and fixes.

The Shift-2 is not bringing up the maintenance panel to view the truck on my pc.

Shift-E pushes back the canopy cover but is not mentioned in the manual. Nice animation that should be credited.

I noticed internal cabin shadows in the documentation but I don't see them when flying the RF 61C even though they are seen in other planes known to have that capability.

Jim Jones

DC1973
May 9th, 2018, 11:52
Thanks for the V1 release and all the hard work by you and the team.

I like the new camera views and fixes.

The Shift-2 is not bringing up the maintenance panel to view the truck on my pc.

Shift-E pushes back the canopy cover but is not mentioned in the manual. Nice animation that should be credited.

I noticed internal cabin shadows in the documentation but I don't see them when flying the RF 61C even though they are seen in other planes known to have that capability.

Jim Jones

You can click on the cockpit switch detailed in the manual to access the panels and fuel truck, and the keyboard press is SHIFT-E and then 2 quickly afterward for the same. You're right though Jim, the manual has an error in it so I will correct that shortly.

Shift-E is the sim's standard exit command - you can also open the canopy using the lever on the right hand side of the cockpit.

Finally, cockpit shadowing is only available in Prepar3D - it doesn't work in FSX.

Roger
May 9th, 2018, 12:50
You'll get cockpit shadows in FsX if you have Dx10 preview checked and you have Steve Parsons Dx10 fixer.

Josh Patterson
May 9th, 2018, 13:59
Hi everyone,

Following the feedback from the BETA, the RF/61C has now been updated in the Warbirds library as v1.

Change log;

Engines corrected - all instruments, fuel taps, starters etc now work correctly.
Lights visibility now slaved to switches
Beacon attach point removed
FDE enhanced for performance and realism ( by Pam )
Fuel truck visibility now only selectable when on the ground below 5 KIAS
Manual updated with new V-speeds and power settings, and more control descriptions
Views adjusted as per additions by testers ( thanks! )
Vapor trail from right wing removed when engines at full power
Virtual Cockpit texture for rear seat, allowing instruments to be added at will

There are still a few small issues with some secondary switches not animating when clicked ( despite being animated ) however I have not been able to find solutions to these issues. They are however minor and do not affect the airplane in any way.

So, after just over a year work my first flight sim airplane is complete. Enjoy all! :jump:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60230&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60231&stc=1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60232&stc=1 Downloading now! My only squawk was the reversed engines, can't wait to see the other fixes. (aAlso the view from the back seat!) I did click you link and I may have to get in on the Old Ironsides series!

mcanx
May 9th, 2018, 14:28
Dean cudos to you. Great job. For me this is just as good as any payware out there. I would like to see if Seahwk72 could merge those panels into the a/c like in his picture in post #2. They look fantastic. I upgraded my lights to all shockwave type. I also added some tail lights. If you have shockwave lights try this:

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 3, -19.83, 33.039, 3.420, fx_shockwave_navgre.fx ,
light.1 = 3, -19.83, -33.039, 3.420, fx_shockwave_navred.fx ,
light.2 = 2, -25.660, 0, -2.803, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red.fx ,
light.3 = 4, -10.109, 0, 1.645, fx_vclight_deepred.fx
light.4 = 4, -15.92, 0, 3.78, fx_vclight_deepred.fx
light.5 = 5, -21.92, -23.20, 1.8, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small,
light.6 = 5, -21.92, 23.20, 1.8, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small,
light.7 = 3, -48.00, 9.60, 8.00, fx_shockwave_navwhi_l_old.fx ,
light.8 = 3, -48.00, -9.60, 8.00, fx_shockwave_navwhi_l_old.fx ,

Robert

strykerpsg
May 9th, 2018, 15:12
Beautiful work Dean and team that assisted in the final release! I feel blessed often seeing the great work you and other freeware contributing artists give of your free time to produce such outstanding beauties. Thank you and all the freeware developers for your creations and sharing them as well.

Seahawk72s
May 9th, 2018, 17:22
Dean cudos to you. Great job. For me this is just as good as any payware out there. I would like to see if Seahwk72 could merge those panels into the a/c like in his picture in post #2. ........

Robert

I was lucky in that I had a 2D panel from earlier. After cropping it down I created a simple gauge with the 2D bmp as a base.
Then it was a case of cutting and pasting the 2D gauge entries into [Vcockpit05] with background as gauge00.
Some adjusting was needed to align the gauges. Graphics and gauges still need work.

simtech
May 9th, 2018, 20:33
Dean and Pam, this is a neat airplane. Many kudos for your hard work and due diligence. The visual model and sound are exemplary while the FDE is challenging and believable. The incorporation of the speed brakes is clever and very effective. I had to look very closely to see them animated. Super! I am running on boxed FSX-A on W7 and I can only squawk one minor issue. While doing engine run-up before takeoff, (sounds makes it most realistic) I was unable to separate the engine controls. E 1 should allow me to control only the left engine while E 2 should permit me to cycle the right engine. In this case, regardless what engine I chose, both engines respond. According to MP, RPM and oil pressure, both respond. The animation appears to verify this phenomenon as well. It's just unnerving to do a prop check with both engines blasting away at 20 in Hg.

Otherwise, this is a wonderful plane that will try to exercise according to your manual. (Loops, chandelles, stalls) .Looking forward to many hours of enjoyment. Thank you, both and to your team for bringing this plane to life. Terry

P.S. Seahawk, your work on the observer position looks first rate. Hope we can incorporate it at some point in time.

GDNZ
May 9th, 2018, 21:07
Hi Dean,
[smokesystem] fx_Radial_Oil_Drip.fx missing from Effects folder.
Props are spinning backwards, noticeable from external view when shutting down.
Gary

DC1973
May 9th, 2018, 23:58
Downloading now! My only squawk was the reversed engines, can't wait to see the other fixes. (aAlso the view from the back seat!) I did click you link and I may have to get in on the Old Ironsides series!

Cheers Josh, glad you're enjoying the Reporter. And the Old Ironsides series is a lot of fun, go forrit! :)

DC1973
May 9th, 2018, 23:58
Dean cudos to you. Great job. For me this is just as good as any payware out there. I would like to see if Seahwk72 could merge those panels into the a/c like in his picture in post #2. They look fantastic. I upgraded my lights to all shockwave type. I also added some tail lights. If you have shockwave lights try this:

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 3, -19.83, 33.039, 3.420, fx_shockwave_navgre.fx ,
light.1 = 3, -19.83, -33.039, 3.420, fx_shockwave_navred.fx ,
light.2 = 2, -25.660, 0, -2.803, fx_shockwave_beacon_rotating_red.fx ,
light.3 = 4, -10.109, 0, 1.645, fx_vclight_deepred.fx
light.4 = 4, -15.92, 0, 3.78, fx_vclight_deepred.fx
light.5 = 5, -21.92, -23.20, 1.8, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small,
light.6 = 5, -21.92, 23.20, 1.8, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small,
light.7 = 3, -48.00, 9.60, 8.00, fx_shockwave_navwhi_l_old.fx ,
light.8 = 3, -48.00, -9.60, 8.00, fx_shockwave_navwhi_l_old.fx ,

Robert

Cheers Robert, I will give those a whirl!

DC1973
May 9th, 2018, 23:59
Beautiful work Dean and team that assisted in the final release! I feel blessed often seeing the great work you and other freeware contributing artists give of your free time to produce such outstanding beauties. Thank you and all the freeware developers for your creations and sharing them as well.

Thanks for your kind words :) It's been a long journey of learning and head scratching, but it's been worth it to see the response!

DC1973
May 10th, 2018, 00:01
Dean and Pam, this is a neat airplane. Many kudos for your hard work and due diligence. The visual model and sound are exemplary while the FDE is challenging and believable. The incorporation of the speed brakes is clever and very effective. I had to look very closely to see them animated. Super! I am running on boxed FSX-A on W7 and I can only squawk one minor issue. While doing engine run-up before takeoff, (sounds makes it most realistic) I was unable to separate the engine controls. E 1 should allow me to control only the left engine while E 2 should permit me to cycle the right engine. In this case, regardless what engine I chose, both engines respond. According to MP, RPM and oil pressure, both respond. The animation appears to verify this phenomenon as well. It's just unnerving to do a prop check with both engines blasting away at 20 in Hg.

Otherwise, this is a wonderful plane that will try to exercise according to your manual. (Loops, chandelles, stalls) .Looking forward to many hours of enjoyment. Thank you, both and to your team for bringing this plane to life. Terry

P.S. Seahawk, your work on the observer position looks first rate. Hope we can incorporate it at some point in time.

Thanks. glad you're enjoying the airplane! :)

I'm not sure whether the engine issue you're having is down to the modelling or the FDE to be honest. I test using the VC throttles and mouse drag them and get the responses I should. There does seem to be a separation between using the keyboard and using the cockpit controls themselves. I'll keep an eye on this in the future.

DC1973
May 10th, 2018, 00:03
Hi Dean,
[smokesystem] fx_Radial_Oil_Drip.fx missing from Effects folder.
Props are spinning backwards, noticeable from external view when shutting down.
Gary

Hi Gary,
The fx file is a stock effect in FSX only. It doesn't appear in Prepar3D, hence its omission from the file.

The props I'm afraid is a Brit thing :) Ours typically rotate counter clockwise when viewed from astern. US-built airplanes spin the opposite way. I'll remember next time to get it right and may update the Reporter at some point to reflect this.

roger-wilco-66
May 10th, 2018, 02:45
A beauty and a thoroughbred :-)

Cheers,
Mark

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4hoeo0cwf12n24j/f15-3.jpg?dl=1

jamminjames
May 10th, 2018, 05:50
Thanks to all involved in bringing us this rare bird. Never thought I'd see this one. Great work!

mcanx
May 10th, 2018, 22:10
OK people try this if you like. I,ve been moding my panel today with panel editor. I gauged the rear panel mask that Dean made with a few. I also revamped my foward panel. Notice on the rear panel I added a radar indicator and a O2 blinker and a O2 qty gauge. To work the radar just click on indicator and it will sweep or it will turn into an ADI on next click. To turn off click left side of indicator. The blinker gauge starts to work at about 5000 ft. on it's own. On the fwd panel I added a new fuel ind and fuel selector and radar altimeter. All gauges are included in panel folder. Make sure you back your orignal panel in case you don't like. Robert

jimjones
May 11th, 2018, 10:29
You'll get cockpit shadows in FsX if you have Dx10 preview checked and you have Steve Parsons Dx10 fixer.

Where can I obtain the DX10 fixer by Steve Parsons?

Thanks, Jim

warchild
May 11th, 2018, 10:32
Where can I obtain the DX10 fixer by Steve Parsons?

Thanks, Jim

Enjoy!..

https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/how-to-purchase/

b24_witchcraft
May 12th, 2018, 18:33
Thanks to all involved in bringing us this rare bird for your hard work! :applause:

Seahawk72s
May 26th, 2018, 06:32
Not liking the Dc3 trim display gauges I borrowed from Milton's ST_Lodestar, cobbled together an Aileron display
and added rotating control knobs to adjust the trim.

alain0568
May 26th, 2018, 09:10
Beautiful work,Seahawk72s!:applause::applause:

Alain