May 7th, 2018, 02:19
Check it out here:

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/index.html

Navy Chief
May 7th, 2018, 03:51
Check it out here:

http://www.robertjamesrichardson.co.uk/index.html

Thanks Ed,

I went to the website and made sure to look at all aircraft listed. Did not see a "Shark"? Pete

falcon409
May 7th, 2018, 04:00
Pete, I just clicked on the link above and it took me right to it?

Navy Chief
May 7th, 2018, 04:20
Hmm, I see the Cougar at the top of the page and the Beagle at the bottom. Pete

Rimshot
May 7th, 2018, 04:29
Hmm, I see the Cougar at the top of the page and the Beagle at the bottom. Pete

Same here, no Shark...

falcon409
May 7th, 2018, 05:10
Only suggestion I have is that if you haven't been there since you downloaded the Cougar, then dump your cache because the Shark sits right above the Cougar and that's the only reason I can think of that you can't see it. Been there for over a month now.

Navy Chief
May 7th, 2018, 09:53
This is SO weird. I copied/pasted the URL you provided into Microsoft's Edge, which I NEVER use, and the Shark still does not appear on the website. I have no answer! NC

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60204&stc=1

falcon409
May 7th, 2018, 10:00
No idea Chief. I even have a "home page" for Rob saved as a bookmark and when I click that (had for a few years now) it goes right to his Home Page, which is where that photo I posted is taken.

robcarrich
May 7th, 2018, 10:05
I have taken down the Shark for the moment, not really had much interest in it.
It is still work in progress, I'm using it myself and like it a lot.
Should I ever finish it I'll put it back up.

RobR

falcon409
May 7th, 2018, 10:09
I have taken down the Shark for the moment, not really had much interest in it.
It is still work in progress, I'm using it myself and like it a lot.
Should I ever finish it I'll put it back up.

RobR
Thanks Rob, too bad though, it's a very nice looking airplane.

falcon409
May 9th, 2018, 14:25
Has anyone taken advantage of Rob's offer to get a copy of the Shark? (I know Navy Chief did)

Matt Wynn
May 9th, 2018, 15:09
I'm using it myself and like it a lot.

you and me both Rob, she's a little beauty! you did great work with her, and as i said in the mail, i wait with bated breath as to whats next!

Sundog
May 9th, 2018, 16:24
I have it, but haven't had a chance to go for a spin yet. Maybe later tonight. I always thought it was a cool looking little plane.

Victory103
May 11th, 2018, 02:49
Just read an article from last year in AOPA magazine about this sleek Euro design. A few other designs across the the pond I would love to see here in the US, but the FAA is involved. I’m holding out on the 90% Spitfire Mk26!

jmig
May 11th, 2018, 04:51
I requested a link but never received one. ??? It is an awesome looking airplane.

Daveroo
May 11th, 2018, 10:57
i have the shark installed but ive not flown it,i get my controllers all set up and working,then the next time i turn the pc on and try to fly,its all gone again,im getting so frustrated im tempted to sell all my controllers and give up on flight.

robcarrich
May 11th, 2018, 20:33
I requested a link but never received one. ??? It is an awesome looking airplane.

John, check your PMs, a link is there.

RobR

falcon409
May 12th, 2018, 02:10
i have the shark installed but ive not flown it,i get my controllers all set up and working,then the next time i turn the pc on and try to fly,its all gone again,im getting so frustrated im tempted to sell all my controllers and give up on flight.
This isn't the first time I've seen you post about problems with your controllers. What kind of setup do you have that they give you so much trouble? I have a simple CH Throttle and Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Twist Grip Joystick. I have to calibrate them from time to time, but I've never had an instance where I set them up and then the next time I load Flight Sim the setup is gone and I have to do it again.

Anyway, if you do happen to ever get to fly the Shark, I'd be interested to see if the AP works for you. So far I haven't found anyone that has it working correctly. I can get it to track a GPS course with no problem, but getting it to hold an altitude is another story. I have to remember a few things. . .one, Rob didn't have to give us the airplane to try at all really, and two. . .that Rob's offering is simply a WIP and there are probably a lot of things that need refining. . .maybe the AP is one of those. Other than that it's a great little airplane and I've enjoyed flying it and making some new liveries:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Shark_Tangier-2018-may-9-002.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g84/ejwells409/Shark_Tangier-2018-may-9-001.jpg

robcarrich
May 12th, 2018, 02:53
Looking very smart indeed Ed,
I'll have a look at the AP and post a fix, if I can find one, in this thread.

RobR

Sundog
May 12th, 2018, 10:22
It's a sporty fun plane to fly. But be careful on descent, it's a slippery bird. :)

Penzoil3
May 12th, 2018, 22:47
Very nice plane, enjoying it very much.
Thanks
Sue

Desert Rat
May 13th, 2018, 12:08
Was wondering why this was P3D only. Is it due to 64-bit dll's? Or something in the model, etc that is P3D 4.x specific. I ask because if it is the former I'd be interested in seeing if I could get it to work in FSW.

Kind regards,
Jamie

Daveroo
May 13th, 2018, 18:57
This isn't the first time I've seen you post about problems with your controllers. What kind of setup do you have that they give you so much trouble? I have a simple CH Throttle and Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Twist Grip Joystick. I have to calibrate them from time to time, but I've never had an instance where I set them up and then the next time I load Flight Sim the setup is gone and I have to do it again.

Falcon,ive sort of narrowed it down,im using all saitek,i have the yoke with throttle quad,a USB throttle quad,saitek rudder pedals,saitek cessna trim wheel,saitek radios,and the saitek switch panel.

im using spad_next,with the paid version of FSUIPC and the controllers setup in P3Dv4.2 itself,i dont want to use all three to set it all up,but if i dont then the trim wheel wont work at all,or the throttles wont work,ive found a way to get the beta/reverser working,but only for one throttle,i can start both engines on a twin by using the mode 1/mode 2 method.this is something i just found out this past week.but it works.

the main thing though is,ive onl;y got about 4 planes i can fly with this current setup,i use it as a one fits all sort of thing,i just change the plane in in sim and then bring spad up real fast and assign the new plane..thing is..its hit n miss on most of the carenado planes,or the milviz,works on the milviz beaver and 310r,but not the otter,the aerosoft twin otter wont work but the OV10 does.

for now im going to fly like this,then as time goes on (if i dont drop from a heart attack first)i will make assignments on each plane.
the comment on heart attacks,thats real,ive been having issues since febuary,seems ive had more than one silent heart attack,and now that i know whats happening,i seem to have a small situation (wont call it a HA) anytime i try to climb stairs or even just climb into the van,at night its all i can do to go to the bathroms and then back into bed,my heart rate goes to over 200 beats per minute (i kid not) and i cant catch my breath,dr told me firday before last (5-4-18) not to do anything stressfull and if i feel that to stop what im doing,i cant even climb down the stairs to get in my powerchair to go get the mail without having to sit in the chair for about 5 minutes before i can move on...frutrating as hell..but im also not going to have any surgerys either,see not point in it,they say i wont survive a surgery,so why bother??..anyway,if i disappear..yall (those who may read this) will know im dead...:wavey:

falcon409
May 13th, 2018, 19:25
Was wondering why this was P3D only. Is it due to 64-bit dll's? Or something in the model, etc that is P3D 4.x specific. I ask because if it is the former I'd be interested in seeing if I could get it to work in FSW.
Kind regards,
Jamie
I believe it's because P3D_V4 is the developers primary Sim now, so he develops only for that Sim.

jmig
May 14th, 2018, 05:35
Fun little plane to fly. It sure could use speedbrakes. LOL Did some acro and was approaching redline every time in a dive. Handling was fine for me. I greased it on when landing. I kept waiting for the bump...nothing. I then took a quick look outside and saw that I was taxing. The only problem I had was getting the electronics to turn on. Battery knob was out but nothing would come on. I couldn't find a master avionics or generator switch.

What am I doing wrong?

falcon409
May 14th, 2018, 05:50
Fun little plane to fly. It sure could use speedbrakes. LOL Did some acro and was approaching redline every time in a dive. Handling was fine for me. I greased it on when landing. I kept waiting for the bump...nothing. I then took a quick look outside and saw that I was taxing. The only problem I had was getting the electronics to turn on. Battery knob was out but nothing would come on. I couldn't find a master avionics or generator switch.

What am I doing wrong?
The "key" is the Avionics switch, however I have had instances where even with that on and the radios active I had no comm available.