PDA

View Full Version : Re-install Question

IanHenry
February 16th, 2009, 05:12
I am currently performing a complete re-install of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Vista</st1:place> and FSX/Acceleration. I was wondering if the Acceleration package installs FSX SP1 as well as SP2 or do I need to install SP1 myself before I install Acceleration?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
Thanks in advance,
Ian.

RudiJG1
February 16th, 2009, 05:21
Just install Acceleration after the vanilla FSX install, and you'll be at SP2. No need to install SP1 before that.

harleyman
February 16th, 2009, 05:27
YUP...As said above...make sure after FSX install to load a flight and then close it after you fly a minute..Then defragg before Acceleration...Then do the same again..Load flight..Fly..close and defragg..

Thats it...

IanHenry
February 16th, 2009, 05:38
OK Thanks Chaps.

Regards,
Ian

Bone
February 16th, 2009, 05:39
YUP...As said above...make sure after FSX install to load a flight and then close it after you fly a minute..Then defragg before Acceleration...Then do the same again..Load flight..Fly..close and defragg..

Thats it...

I've read on a couple of FSX "tweak" sites that you shouldn't load up and fly before installing Acceleration. Can you elaborate on the philosophy of loading up and flying before Accel install? It's always good to hear both sides.

harleyman
February 16th, 2009, 05:42
Um....Hmmm I have just always been told that and actually never asked.....

I think its to let the FSX config write itself and make all its new entries ..then a defragg is always good to do between any install...

Then Acceleration will just write to that...

They are seperate programs...

RudiJG1
February 16th, 2009, 07:04
Harleyman has it right, according to this link: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1197380641

I recently re-installed FSX and Acceleration on a Vista box, and the advice in this link worked well for me.

Navy Chief
February 16th, 2009, 07:51
I just went through the reinstall process myself. One thing I didn't think of, until I needed it, was the updated SDK on the Acceleration disk. Be sure to do that, as it isn't automatic, I found out!

NC