PDA

View Full Version : Black wingtip vortex - help

menef
May 2nd, 2018, 13:24
Hello, I've just downloaded and installed FSXBA Hornet Version v17.1.31 and I've noticed this problem, also the vapour at high angle of attack manouvres on the back of the aircraft is black :banghead:
The same thing happens with all the others aircraft ( in the picture there's the stock FSX Hornet). So I've uninstalled the FSXBA Hornet and copied from a backup all the original FSX effects into my
FSX effect folder overwriting when asked but the problem is still there ....
Also my VRS Superbug now has this graphic issue... Suggestions off course are welcome!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60092&stc=1

SiR_RiPPER
May 2nd, 2018, 13:52
The vapor trail effect used by the Superbug might be corrupt or missing. I suggest reinstalling the Bug and it should likely fix the issue.

MrZippy
May 2nd, 2018, 14:20
How about jet contrails at high altitude? Are they showing black as well? If so, then look for this download here, flightsim.com or AVSIM.

gauges_recovery_fsx.zip

fsafranek
May 2nd, 2018, 14:36
Usually a black effect (unless intentional) means the texture file of the effect is missing. The effect is being called and displayed in your images, it just lacks the BMP file.
:ernaehrung004:

PhantomTweak
May 2nd, 2018, 22:43
When you installed, did you install the Effects and the Effects\Textures in the correct places? I honestly can't recall if the autoinstaller does it properly, if at all.
Check the D:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes \FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_17.1.31\Extras\Effects folder. Your pathing may vary. Copy the files in the plane's ...\Effects\Textures folder to your FSX\effects\Texture folder, and the files in the plane's ...\Effects folder to your FSX\effects folder, and see how that works out.

Good luck!
Pat☺

menef
May 2nd, 2018, 23:58
Thanks a lot for all your suggestions! ASAP I'll check and leave a feedback :-)

menef
May 3rd, 2018, 12:38
OK mates, everything has been restorated !!!
I didn't remember to have a copy of FSX effects folder done just after a fresh FSX installation some monts ago, so the problem has gone.
Yesterday I've had a bad moment looking at those black stripes in the sky and my first thought was to be forced to reinstall FSX ...:dizzy:
Thank you to all of you!
For MrZippy : I've downloaded the gauges_recovery_fsx.zip and I'll keep for emergencies ( hoping to never need it !!!) thank you