PDA

View Full Version : Computer drive names changed

SSI01
April 26th, 2018, 19:20
I looked around the forum titles for some place where I could come with this situation but couldn't seem to find a place to go.

A few days ago, after coming back from Phoenix to visit one son who is ill, I plugged in a thumb drive that had some files on it into a slot on the back of my desktop, and left it there. Earlier today my antivirus program came up for renewal and after getting the notification the program was ready for renewal and upgrade, I went ahead and agreed to a shutdown and restart before I realized I still had the thumb drive in the back of the desktop. After restart I've found the thumb drive has been renamed to what used to be an external hard drive for this computer; the former external hard designator has been assigned to the thumb drive. I've managed to remove the thumb drive and now only have to rename the external drive for the desktop back to its old designator. I've found tutorials on how to do this, and have changed the external drive's name back to what it should be, the problem is the drive is now named "Seagate Backup Plus Drive (G) (I). I need to remove the (I) from the equation but can't find a way. It's hell getting to my age and finding it so easy to be preoccupied. Does anyone know of a solution for this?

Jafo
April 26th, 2018, 19:39
Control panel / Administrative tools / computer management / storage / disk management /
Drive letters and names can be assigned/altered there...;)

SSI01
April 26th, 2018, 21:09
Many thanks, Jafo - that did the trick!

Jafo
April 27th, 2018, 05:53
No problemo....;)

I resisted the urge to say....
"Have you tried turning it off...and turning it on again?" ...;)