PDA

View Full Version : Ambient Sounds in P3D_V4.2

falcon409
April 26th, 2018, 05:14
I am about to re-release my Tangier Island Scenery after an extensive overhaul. One of the additions was to add some ambient sounds that can be heard near the parking ramp (ocean waves and Sea Gulls). They work perfectly in FSX, but when I switch to P3D, I get no sound at all. This only affects the sounds I have added. . .all other Sim-related sounds work as normal.

Any ideas or suggestions on what might be afoot here? I have played with the "Sounds" slider, specifically the "environment" slider but that had no affect.

roger-wilco-66
April 26th, 2018, 06:58
Hi Ed,

did you place them via SBuiderX? If yes, it would be interesting to see the XML file that get's compiled (check sbuilders /tools/work folder, the XMLs of each compiled project should reside there).

Cheers,
Mark

falcon409
April 26th, 2018, 07:35
Hi Ed,

did you place them via SBuiderX? If yes, it would be interesting to see the XML file that get's compiled (check sbuilders /tools/work folder, the XMLs of each compiled project should reside there).

Cheers,
Mark
Mark, they were placed using a set of controllers, one for each effect and a sound placement bgl. The wav files are in the main sound folder, the controllers and the effects are in the effects folder and the placement bgl is in the Tangier Island scenery folder. Both FSX and V4.2 are using the same scenery so they are getting the info from the same files. It works fine in FSX, but nothing in P3D.

falcon409
April 26th, 2018, 07:43
Problem solved- While the files from the same scenery folder are being used by both. . .(the sound placement files). . .I failed to copy the remaining files to their respective P3D folders (sound, effects). I say this in all sincerity. . ."Getting Old Sucks". UUUgh. :banghead::banghead:

roger-wilco-66
April 26th, 2018, 08:32
Glad it works, Ed :ernaehrung004: