PDA

View Full Version : Check it out !

gwar
February 16th, 2009, 00:26
Some of you might remember me mentioning that Ive worn the POW bracelet of Lt Cmdr Dennis Pike since late 1972. Ive always tried to be an active supporter of the POW/MIA movement and try to bring attention to the plight of these men.
Ive been flying the thirdwire series for about a year now, and one day while setting up a flight plan, I happened to notice that the area looked "familiar" in a way. Then it hit me! I went and checked the planning map with the official government map of Lt Pikes last known whereabouts, and sure enough, it was the same area. Thats when the gears started turning.
Im also registered over at combatace forums where they are pretty heavy into the thirdwire series and modding it, so much to the point that they got no clue that its multiplay capable, lol. Well, I posted a request for anyone willing to help me make a mission pack recreating Lt. Pikes last mission, and lo and behold, one of the best modders there took it upon himself to not only recreate the last flight in a historically correct nature, but a couple other scenarios as well as a few carrier op training missions as well.
To say the least, I was quite impressed AND very, very gratefull. I hope this dont ruffle any feathers with the admins, but heres a link, please have a look, and if you happen to have "wings over vietnam", patched to its current version, then download this and fly one for Dennis.
Thank you for your time,
link to file--> http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=8217