PDA

View Full Version : Shessi Heinkel He-59 skinpack by UncleTgt!

UncleTgt
April 22nd, 2018, 07:56
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/940815244103462924.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - German

Description: Heinkel He-59 skinpack by UncleTgt

This is a collection of repaints for the revamp of the Piloto Azul He-59 by Shessi for CFS2.

Included are modified dp files (MISC DATA changed to kph, gun data changed for AI performance, more payload options). I've revamped the damage effects & changed the descriptions from Spanish to English.

I've revised the airfile to better match published speed & range figures.

A short note regarding water take-offs with floatplanes or seaplanes. You may notice it is impossible to take off in Free Flight using this airfile. I chose to match the AI performance so a formation in flight will stay with you. Drastically altering Propeller Thrust or Engine Power scalars may get you into the air from CFS 2's "sticky" water, but you'll be piloting a super hot rod Zatapone & your wingmen won't be able to match you. A better workaround is to simply add some Light Wind to your Free Flight settings. I don't know why it works, but it does work. No more frantic "throttle-to-the-wall" just to get moving.

I've also added a WIN 7+ 2D panel bitmap.

The textures are: 71-1. AS.88, Condor Legion, SCW May 1937.

BV+HN. II/KGzbv108, Norway April 1940.

7U+NL. Sonderstaffel Schwilden, Rotterdam, 10th May 1940.

D-AG10. Seenodienst, English Channel 11th July 1940.

To install, unzip the download to a temporary location & move/copy files to the matching folder names inside your chosen CFS2 install.

Thanks to: Piloto Azul for the original aircraft.

Shessi for his undoubted skill in re-engineering older aircraft models to give them a new lease of life in the old sim.

This is freeware and subject to the usual conditions.

UncleTgt,

APR 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Shessi Heinkel He-59 skinpack UT.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=23589&catid=59)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

msfossey
April 22nd, 2018, 08:24
These look great UncleTgt. Thank you.

msfossey

Jenova
April 22nd, 2018, 15:18
Very nice!! Thank you.

stuart277
April 22nd, 2018, 19:53
Hi UncleTgt
They look great :applause::applause::applause:
Cheers
Stuart

Shessi
April 23rd, 2018, 02:53
Nicely done John!

Good choice of texs, like the medic one (naughty germans! ;)).

Yes I played a lot with the airfile, to get best compromise, and agreed a little fast for CFS2, but does take off. A good option, and one I never think about, is the wind settings, so ta for that nugget of info.

Cheers

Shessi

Rami
April 23rd, 2018, 03:07
John,

Thank you for your work on this, (and Shessi) another little gem we now have for CFS2. :encouragement:

Fibber
April 23rd, 2018, 12:00
...that is portrayed as attacking H. Bogarts' and Raymond Masseys' ship in the old film "North Atlantic".

Shessi
April 23rd, 2018, 13:22
Fibber,
I think you'll find that film is 'Action in the North Atlantic' and the ac was a Heinkel He115........

Cheers

Shessi

eddie
April 23rd, 2018, 14:50
It was an He-59, even though they were models of them. From the Book Flying in the Movies-Aviation in Films 1912 to 2012 they said this-

https://s19.postimg.cc/x7w2v5sjn/Bogey.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Ravenna
April 23rd, 2018, 16:00
Great looking paints UncleTgt.Forgive the impertinence, but I think that the tail swastika on your Red Cross repaint is facing the wrong way. Thanks for all your masterful work.

Fibber
April 23rd, 2018, 18:15
....a sign of peace in a mystic language ( forget which one)? I believe it was also used in one of the American Indian tribes, I believe Navaho (could be wrong there on this one.)

oldmsgt
April 23rd, 2018, 18:24
....a sign of peace in a mystic language ( forget which one)? I believe it was also used in one of the American Indian tribes, I believe Navaho (could be wrong there on this one.)

Fibber

See here: http://www.luckymojo.com/swastika.html

The Old MSgt

UncleTgt
April 24th, 2018, 00:32
Great looking paints UncleTgt.Forgive the impertinence, but I think that the tail swastika on your Red Cross repaint is facing the wrong way. Thanks for all your masterful work.

Hi Ravenna,

Always worth pointing these things out. There are not many images showing the starboard side, but I found these two...

UncleTgt
April 24th, 2018, 00:37
...and the port side view of mine (for completeness) :bee:

Captain Kurt
April 24th, 2018, 07:48
Nicely done - Thank you Uncle:encouragement:

Naismith
April 24th, 2018, 10:39
It's not wrong per se, it's just not at the usual 45 degree angle which makes it look (deliberately) active as opposed to static.

Ravenna
April 24th, 2018, 13:53
Hi Ravenna,

Always worth pointing these things out. There are not many images showing the starboard side, but I found these two...

Thanks Uncle, my mistake. I must be symbolically dyslexic :biggrin-new:.