PDA

View Full Version : MAIW and FSX

uniform7
April 16th, 2018, 17:58
I know most everyone here we talk about the aircraft but I have a puzzle maybe someone can help me with. I as I am sure many others install MAIW scenery and AI in fsx but usually need to make some changes like converting the traffic files. however this one I installed the MAIW (Military AI Works) Whidbey Island Growlers Complete AI Package and though Instant Scenery works well with MAIW as well as AirportDesignEditor. this particular scenery locks up FSX when trying to open any of the scenery bgl's. I was hoping someone with Instant Scenery could download the MAIW (Military AI Works) Whidbey Island Growlers Complete AI Package and see if they could open up the Whidbey Object Placement.BGL or other scenery file included in the package in the FSX program remove or add something to that file and see if it worked. Now I can add objects to the folder with a new name, a new file just can't rework the existing file. The Whidbey scenery works fine with Instant Scenery in the FS9 program I even used the FS9 to make changes and then installed the file back in FSX. Kind of the long way around though. But man the MAIW KNUW looks just like the real Navel Air Station.

Bjoern
April 17th, 2018, 12:58
I know MAIW stuff is popular here, but I'd try the MAIW forums as a primary source for support on any of their packages.

uniform7
April 17th, 2018, 13:31
I know MAIW stuff is popular here, but I'd try the MAIW forums as a primary source for support on any of their packages.

Actually I have discovered it does not appear to be a MAIW issue. I found I could not ope any type of Instant Scenery file even one of my own that I created at KNUW. I than found that if I moved my aircraft away say to KPAE I could open the file located at KNUW and slew back there to work with that file. Something at or near the KNUW location is probably causing the issue. Another add on somewhere. I might never find out now. Thanks anyway.