PDA

View Full Version : Beech 58 P3D V4 Radios

aspen31
April 16th, 2018, 06:03
Hi all
It appears I may have overwritten some radio gauges for the P3D V4 Beech 58 - in any case the airplane is fine but I have only a blank, black silhouette where the radios should be. I'm hesitant to try a repair of the program in case I do something which causes some of my add-on aircraft to disappear. I'm wondering if anyone might have the set of radio gauges pertinent to the Beech 58 or might be able to direct me to somewhere where I might obtain them.
Any other advice appreciated.
Warren

PhantomTweak
April 16th, 2018, 11:19
I can't say for P3D, since I don't have it, but...
Check your \gauges folder for a file named bendix_king_radio.gau , and it may well be similar in P3D. That's what it is in FSX.

What does your plane's Panel.cfg call out for the radio stack?
For example, is there a line or three that looks like this: gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 86 . If there is, look at the first words/numbers following the = (equals) sign, and before the ! (exclamation point).

Now look in either the plane's \panel folder, or the main \gauges folder for your P3D installation. There should, and please note the use of the word "Should", be a file of some kind in one of those two locations, a folder, a .cab file, or a .gau file, with a name that matches. Like Bendix_King_Radio.cab for example. Probably won't be a .gau type file. I don't believe those work in 64 bit sims, but I may be wrong on that.

If you can NOT find such an item in the two locations I specified, is there one in the plane's .zip file, that you downloaded it in? There should be one somewhere. Once you find it, maybe in the .zip file in a Gauges folder, place it in either the plane's \Panel folder, or P3D's \Gauges folder.

Load up the plane and see how things look. You may need to approve the usage of the gauge in the sim. After that, everything "should" be A-OK now.

Hope this helps a little bit.
Pat☺

aspen31
April 16th, 2018, 14:05
Hi Pat
Thanks very much for the advice. It will be very helpful. I do have the gauge definition(s) in my panel folder and several gauges with various "Bendix_radio" associations are present in my gauges folder. Unfortunately this Beech 58 is one that is included with P3D V4.2 so I have no .zip folder to access. I'm hesitant to do a repair or re-installation since I have a lot of add-ons - both scenery and aircraft.
I think ts possible that my problem is that last week I downloaded an aircraft which proved unusable in P3D. This aircraft had the same radio configuration and the installation may have overwritten one or several of the gauges. Since they appear to be the same gauges I'm not sure why this overwriting would cause the Baron radio gauges to stop functioning but that's where I am. I have been hoping that someone has the complete P3D V4 Beech 58 gauges and might make them available to me. Since I don't know what (or if) any gauges were deleted or overwritten I don't know at this writing if something is missing.
All kind of confusing for a simple problem.
Take care
Warren

Dangerous Beans
April 17th, 2018, 09:21
If you haven't sorted it yet PM me an E'Mail addy and i'll send you the Bendix King Radio gauge for 4.2

As A side note I always find it a good idea to zip up the Gauge, Effects and Font folders right after installing as these are the one that badly programmed aircraft installers are most likely to mess up.

aspen31
April 18th, 2018, 11:28
Hi Mark
Adding your gauges and deleting the others did the trick. The Beech 58 radios are now fine.
Thanks
Warren

Dangerous Beans
April 18th, 2018, 14:10
No problem, I'm glad you got it fixed.