PDA

View Full Version : Project JU88

Cirrus N210MS
April 9th, 2018, 09:34
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iNDZdzS40BTRzwiaeyoWWBJ8qCiTyFH4I am working on converting Shessi JU88 to FSX and P3D V4 looking for some one who does Panels Looking for German Gauges that are XML which would work for FSX and P3D V4 if anyone would like to help let me know i have finished converting the Model to P3D just About to do the FSX Convert in a Bit :wavey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP14DAYeSPY&feature=youtu.be

Welcome to the team David Robles FSX (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php/125456-David-Robles-FSX)

Krzych61
April 9th, 2018, 10:49
Hi,
I think ju88 model is very outdated to converting it to fsx or P3d. Special VC is too simple. Gauges had to be 3D model not 2D.
I converted and rebuilt the CFS3 model in stock for several CFS2 models. Jay gave them the opportunity to fly. Sergio gave them weapons.
Sessi rebuilt it for FS9. Now it is in FSX and P3D. For me it is "A Bridge Too Far" but l will wait for finished model.

Krzysztof

SSI01
April 9th, 2018, 12:57
Would be very interesting to see what you could get out of this bird. A most remarkable airplane yet practically forgotten by those working w/FS9 or FSX aircraft.

Shessi
April 9th, 2018, 13:18
Hi Krzysztof,
Ha ha good to hear from you!

I agree, BUT no one builds much in the way of German/Axis aircraft for any sim now, so that's why I made this Ju88S and other models..not a lot of choice I'm afraid...

You could always get back into building and make some new native ones? ;)

Cheers

Shessi

Cirrus N210MS
April 9th, 2018, 14:43
Hi Krzysztof,
Ha ha good to hear from you!

I agree, BUT no one builds much in the way of German/Axis aircraft for any sim now, so that's why I made this Ju88S and other models..not a lot of choice I'm afraid...

You could always get back into building and make some new native ones? ;)

Cheers

Shessi

i think Its amazing Model :-) and needed some Love from SOH pilots

IanP
April 10th, 2018, 03:50
/me goes diving into the Luftwaffe OOB and the big pile of books... So where were Ju-88s based during the Battle of Britain, history?

I foresee my epic backlog getting yet another airfield longer.

Ian P.

Rami
April 10th, 2018, 04:41
/me goes diving into the Luftwaffe OOB and the big pile of books... So where were Ju-88s based during the Battle of Britain, history?

I foresee my epic backlog getting yet another airfield longer.

Ian P.

IanP,

I am currently using this website for German squadron and unit information as I continue on the Battle of France for CFS2: www.ww2.dk

And to Krystof Malinowski: Great to see you around!

IanP
April 10th, 2018, 06:25
It doesn't look like the Ju88s moved far during 1940, Do-17s and He111s seeming to be more commonly forward deployed. - possibly this is simply because of overcrowding at the forward deployed airbases, meaning that they limited the number of bombers moving forwards, prioritising the fighters and Stukas, then the Do-17 because of speed/range and He111 because of bomb load? Not sure.

Anyway. On 5th June 1940, I have:

Fliegerkorps I.
II./KG 28 - Kassel-Rothwesten (Germany)
Stab, III./KG 76 - Cormeilles-en-Vexin (France)
II./KG 76 - Langensalza (Germany)
Stab, I, III./KG 77 - Laon (France)
Stab, I, II, III./LG 1 - Dusseldorf (Germany)

Fliegerkorps IV.
Stab, I./KG 30 - Amsterdam-Schipol (Netherlands)
II./KG 30 - Perleberg (Germany)
III./KG 4 - Delmenhorst (Germany)

Fliegerkorps V.
Stab, III./KG 51 - Landsberg/Lech (Germany)
I./KG 51 - Lechfeld (Germany)
II./KG 51 - Munchen-Riem (Germany)

So there are a couple in France - Cormeilles and Laon are both active aerodromes, but minor ones so probably won't have AI traffic in default FSX. Schipol might be a bit busy to rebuild for KG 30. Are there any KG 76 or 77 repaints available for the aircraft that anyone is aware of?

Cheers,

Ian P.

Rami
April 10th, 2018, 07:18
IanP,

Most of the German bomber units established themselves on French bases during June and July. Remember, the Germans were still in the midst of Fall Rot on 5 June, with the British having just evacuated from Dunkirk on 3 June.

Also, the use of Ju-88s in France was relatively small, but it did inch higher into June. The Battle of Britain was really the first time that the aircraft was deployed in numbers of significant strength, as their numbers had swelled to the point that they could be effectively organized in squadrons and units.

Aside from probing raids and reconnaissance, the first major action took place the night of 18 June, and built up in intensity through the first week of July prior to the "official" start day of 10 July.

Rami
April 10th, 2018, 07:29
IanP,

Also, yes. Fighters and Stukas would have been deployed the furthest forward. (Stukas at Cherbourg and Le Touquet, for example, for Channel shipping raids) Their range was the most limited. German bombers had sufficient range for attacks in France from bases in Germany, and later, northeastern France, and Norway to attack Britain.

It's important to note that there was never really a period of rest and replenishment for the Luftwaffe after the Battle of France; they almost literally went from BoF to BoB, and were moving bombers into France as BoB was heating up. It's possible that this is why the attacks on Channel shipping were heavily dependent on Stukas; they were the most readily available resource.

IanP
April 10th, 2018, 09:57
Yes, the OOB that I drew that information from was specifically for Fall Rot, but the BoB era information I have immediately to hand only lists RAF OOBs and Luftwaffe bases, not what was operated from them. The other advantage of looking at the two near the Low Countries is that it's not a massive distance from my existing Stuka and Bf109 stations, plus my partially complete He111 station at Lille Nord. I'll get my other books from upstairs, covering the rest of the war, at some point. At some later point in the future, I'll sort out the bookcases enough to get them all down here! ;)

The big driver for me is what liveries will be included in the pack, because I tend to try and do bases directly linked with aircraft releases - hence my constantly hassling authors for lists of what paints will be included whenever I see a WW2 aircraft on the horizon. If they're all Eastern Front aircraft, or Nordic stationed aircraft, then I'll just pick what I can find the most (any?) information for.

Cheers,

Ian P.