PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Creep

Wings of Gold
April 7th, 2018, 13:57
I have both the Razbam A-4C and A-4E Skyhawks. The only problem that I can't resolve is that both aircraft "creep" after load.

My (solely missed buddy - Wayne Tudor) has previously corrected any problem like this. As I recall, he went into the aircraft.cfg file, and altered the "[GeneralEngineData] \ min_throttle_limit=0.000000" to read a negative figure. I have tried that (up to - 1.5) with no effect what so ever. Perhaps my memory is faulty (Nahhh).

Can anyone please advise me on how to solve this problem?

Best to you all.

Bill

Milton Shupe
April 7th, 2018, 19:15
Static thrust, even when correctly stated, is probably causing it but I would not reduce it.

Have you tried simply pulling back the idle control lever, if you have one, to just forward of the fuel shutoff.

fliger747
April 7th, 2018, 20:27
Depending on weight, many aircraft will move at idle thrust. However try hitting the F1 key to make sure you are really getting a full idle thrust setting.

Mike71
April 8th, 2018, 02:23
An A-4 or F-4, even heavy: in real life, would gradually start to creep if not chocked. Even at idle. The A-4 didn't have a parking brake; can't recall the Navy F-4s having one either.

Bjoern
April 8th, 2018, 07:18
"min_throttle_limit" only applies to aircraft featuring reversers.

n4gix
April 8th, 2018, 08:06
Adding a tiny .xml gauge will fix the creeping:

(A:BRAKE PARKING POSITION,percent) 0 >

if{ 1 (>K:FREEZE_LATITUDE_LONGITUDE_SET) 1 (>K:FREEZE_ATTITUDE_SET) }

els{ 0 (>K:FREEZE_LATITUDE_LONGITUDE_SET) 0 (>K:FREEZE_ATTITUDE_SET) }

Wings of Gold
April 8th, 2018, 08:21
Thanks for the help guys. It is most appreciated!

Bill

mal998
April 8th, 2018, 08:54
Bill,
check your private mail.

mal

Bjoern
April 8th, 2018, 11:25
Adding a tiny .xml gauge will fix the creeping:

(A:BRAKE PARKING POSITION,percent) 0 >

if{ 1 (>K:FREEZE_LATITUDE_LONGITUDE_SET) 1 (>K:FREEZE_ATTITUDE_SET) }

els{ 0 (>K:FREEZE_LATITUDE_LONGITUDE_SET) 0 (>K:FREEZE_ATTITUDE_SET) }

Why the attitude freeze?

PhantomTweak
April 8th, 2018, 22:05
I may be wrong, and am far, far from a decent XML coder, but I think that's the code for a parking brake.
Essentially, an invisible parking brake.
I think. Rarely. It gives me a headache, which is why I am a lousy XML coder.
Heck, I am having a heck of a time writing a simple anti-skid switch to add to airplanes that should have one but don't.

Anywho...
Pat☺

n4gix
April 9th, 2018, 08:23
Why the attitude freeze?

Because the plane will do some truly astonishing on ground acrobatics without it being set... :biggrin-new:

And yes, it is essentially an invisible parking brake. One unintended side-effect though is that at full throttle the plane absolutely will not move at all...

...the wheels and tires will spin madly. :very_drunk:

Bjoern
April 9th, 2018, 08:26
It's just code to freeze aircraft position and attitude when the parking brake is set. So yes, basically a "zero movement" parking brake.

fsafranek
April 9th, 2018, 08:34
It's just code to freeze aircraft position and attitude when the parking brake is set. So yes, basically a "zero movement" parking brake.
Interesting. Has anyone tried applying it in mid-air? :pop4:

Bjoern
April 10th, 2018, 08:28
Interesting. Has anyone tried applying it in mid-air? :pop4:

[Cue that scene from "Hot Shots"]

fliger747
April 10th, 2018, 08:58
We had an aircraft in Beta Test for which I was responsible for the flight dynamics. The plane also had a lot of .DLL based legerdemain running in the background. In one test iteration it began doing some really strange behavior, in effect becoming a helicopter. Boy did I get a lot of fingers pointed! But it turned out to be something similar freezing the lat/lon position under certain circumstances.

As the FS flight engine does not feel bound by the laws of physics, many interesting things are possible. There was an Ito-san plane that had a negative value entered for braking? It would accelerate wildly with the parking brake set, even with the engine off. Then there is the MOI shakes an jitters when a plane will slowly dance around when parked. This one will vary in it's effect with sim version.

Always interesting!