PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations Bell 206 JetRanger V2

euroastar350
April 6th, 2018, 08:55
Almost done with this one. The biggest change is addition of 3D gauges, 3D lights, more models including mosquito sprayer, cropduster and police. External textures have been blown up to 4K with new bump maps and diffuse, the only thing I am lacking is paint schemes. I've had people offer to paint it, but that was like 2-3 months ago and no response. The models are more or less finished with some minor tweaking left before release. Anyone here interested in painting this bird, give me a shout. Otherwise it'll be a sitting duck. Also inline for release is the Bell 222/222B/222UT and Bell 429 GlobalRanger.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59421&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59422&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59423&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59424&stc=1

Flyboy208
April 6th, 2018, 09:35
Awesome George ! Great news for us Rotorheads ! Mike :applause:

ijay
April 6th, 2018, 10:02
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
great news, been flying the skids off v1 over the last few days!!!

henrystreet
April 6th, 2018, 10:24
Almost done with this one. The biggest change is addition of 3D gauges, 3D lights, more models including mosquito sprayer, cropduster and police. External textures have been blown up to 4K with new bump maps and diffuse, the only thing I am lacking is paint schemes. I've had people offer to paint it, but that was like 2-3 months ago and no response. The models are more or less finished with some minor tweaking left before release. Anyone here interested in painting this bird, give me a shout. Otherwise it'll be a sitting duck. Also inline for release is the Bell 222/222B/222UT and Bell 429 GlobalRanger.

George,

Been wanting one of these in P3Dv4. Would this one happen to be compatible?

Thanks for all your work.

euroastar350
April 6th, 2018, 10:31
I'm slowly transitioning much of my work into P3DV4. The 206V2 out of the box is not fully compatible and will CTD P3DV4 upon loading, something in the gauges is causing it to crash and I am investigating. The Bell 429 works out of the box with little to no mods needed, I haven't tried the Bell 222 series yet.

MDIvey
April 6th, 2018, 11:22
Why not release with a plain white texture where you have no specific one and a paintkit... i'm sure more would come. There is a brilliant sheriff one released here recently... see current screenshot page.

Version 1 was superb... can't wait to see what you've added

Matt

IanP
April 7th, 2018, 06:13
And why do I suddenly want to do Castle Air's two B206s again? Imagine the fun you could have doing Treasure Hunt missions in FSX/P3D/FSW provided anyone could work out how to do it!

Ian P.

Stefano Zibell
May 1st, 2018, 13:23
Why not release it with a paintkit and let people do the rest?

Victory103
July 1st, 2018, 00:11
Just downloaded and started flying in P3D. I didn't see any further install instructions after moving it to the "temp" folder. I wanted to make sure it was released with only white textures for all models? On the total fuel gauge, I have a tool tip with a "+", but nothing happens. Assuming all older Owen's paints will work still? In the read-me, credits for a FLIR gauge, is there a working one?

euroastar350
July 1st, 2018, 19:04
Just downloaded and started flying in P3D. I didn't see any further install instructions after moving it to the "temp" folder. I wanted to make sure it was released with only white textures for all models? On the total fuel gauge, I have a tool tip with a "+", but nothing happens. Assuming all older Owen's paints will work still? In the read-me, credits for a FLIR gauge, is there a working one?

1.) I didn't include a path to the simulators as each path is different on every system including mine, my fault for not being clear in this area.

2.) White liveries across all models as no one wanted to paint the birds before release

3.) Liveries for the old versions will work with little modifications, but you'll have to use the bump maps from the old release as the new version has HD external diffuse and bump maps. New paintkit included for creating HD liveries

4.) The FLIR gauge will display random images and doesn't represent an actual functional FLIR camera/system.

5.) Total fuel gauge comes from the Nemeth Designs Sikorsky S76 and isn't modified in any way. I can fix it for the next update.

Corvette99
July 2nd, 2018, 05:28
Looks great ! Where can we find this beauty ?

Victory103
July 2nd, 2018, 10:28
It's one of those old favorites and so much better over the stock FS9/X machine (which I don't even have in P3D). When you added the low-skid model with correct contact points, I had to have it (flew the TH-67 at Ft Rucker). Still my go-to fun, simple, yet easy to fly helo I use to check newly installed scenery, the J-3 Cub of FS helicopters. Will older DoDo repaints work?

euroastar350
July 2nd, 2018, 12:49
It's one of those old favorites and so much better over the stock FS9/X machine (which I don't even have in P3D). When you added the low-skid model with correct contact points, I had to have it (flew the TH-67 at Ft Rucker). Still my go-to fun, simple, yet easy to fly helo I use to check newly installed scenery, the J-3 Cub of FS helicopters. Will older DoDo repaints work?

FS2004 Dodo repaints will work and require slight modifications

Penzoil3
July 2nd, 2018, 12:58
Looks great ! Where can we find this beauty ?
Like he said WHERE ? Please ?
Sue

Brian_Gladden
July 2nd, 2018, 13:05
Like he said WHERE ? Please ?
Sue

Avsim. I got it last Saturday

OzWookiee
July 4th, 2018, 01:56
Yea Avsim Library. Couldn't find by searching so go by category:
Prepar3d > Helicopter

Penzoil3
July 4th, 2018, 11:09
Thanks Guys!

docjohnson
July 4th, 2018, 17:11
Installed it into P3D4.3, doors missing, no rotors,...the only thing I can think of is I use the add-on.xml method of installing my aircraft and anything else I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall anytime I want to update P3D.

euroastar350
July 4th, 2018, 19:24
Shift+2 enables rotors and other visuals. In the meantime, I am doing an upgrade with updated code plus the addition of F1 GTN and Navstax integration.

Victory103
July 5th, 2018, 09:22
Initially had the same issue in v4.2 until got the load manager up. Great addition to the model with all the options. I also would be interested in the GTN add, I use it in most of my FSX/P3D aircraft.