PDA

View Full Version : Fictional USMC repaints of the IRIS F-20 Tigershark

johndetrick
April 2nd, 2018, 05:37
I recently revisited the freeware IRIS F-20 Tigershark and liked it. After some research I found that Northrop did try to interest the USN with the F-20 as a potential aggressor aircraft to replace the F-5's. Here are two fictional VMFT-401 (the USMC aggressor squadron) Tigersharks. Re designated as the F-20N for the single seat and F-20M as the two seater. Uploaded to here today.

PhantomTweak
April 2nd, 2018, 11:17
So they changed their name!
I was with '401 from the day they stood up. Actually, 2 weeks before ops actually started. I am a Plank Holder.
Back then, they were the Snipers. Had the name in big cyrillic letters in the hangar's upper floor hallway, where all the pilots hung out, and all the squadron's, and Israeli's, admin was. Where guys like me very seldom ventured :indecisiveness:
They started out with Kfir's, but a small difference of opinion, and they went away after a couple of years. The Navy changed them over to the F-5's just as I was leaving.
I worked on the one F-5 we got to test, before they transitioned. It was an adventure, sending some pilots off to school, while still trying to keep normal ops up. Especially since they were using Marine Reserve pilots. :dizzy:

Anyway, very nice paints!
Pat☺

henrystreet
April 2nd, 2018, 14:04
I recently revisited the freeware IRIS F-20 Tigershark and liked it. After some research I found that Northrop did try to interest the USN with the F-20 as a potential aggressor aircraft to replace the F-5's. Here are two fictional VMFT-401 (the USMC aggressor squadron) Tigersharks. Re designated as the F-20N for the single seat and F-20M as the two seater. Uploaded to here today.

These are very cool, John.

Thanks for making them available.

johndetrick
April 2nd, 2018, 16:28
So they changed their name!
I was with '401 from the day they stood up. Actually, 2 weeks before ops actually started. I am a Plank Holder.
Back then, they were the Snipers. Had the name in big cyrillic letters in the hangar's upper floor hallway, where all the pilots hung out, and all the squadron's, and Israeli's, admin was. Where guys like me very seldom ventured :indecisiveness:
They started out with Kfir's, but a small difference of opinion, and they went away after a couple of years. The Navy changed them over to the F-5's just as I was leaving.
I worked on the one F-5 we got to test, before they transitioned. It was an adventure, sending some pilots off to school, while still trying to keep normal ops up. Especially since they were using Marine Reserve pilots. :dizzy:

Anyway, very nice paints!

Pat☺

They are called Snipers, I meant the F-20 tigershark.

jamminjames
April 2nd, 2018, 19:30
Nice paints.... Thanks for sharing!

PhantomTweak
April 2nd, 2018, 21:57
Ohhh, sorry!I thought you meant that '401 was called The Tigersharks now.Still, good paints :DPat☺