PDA

View Full Version : MZ CPU Accelerator automatically boosts foreground apps

datter
February 15th, 2009, 13:48
I haven't tried this (http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/02/13/mz-cpu-accelerator-automatically-boosts-foreground-apps/) yet, but as soon as I read about it I thought "FSX!". Not sure if it will give any sort of performance boost one way or the other, but I'll give it a go tonight. Thought I'd post it here in case anyone else was willing to try it and post the outcome before I had a chance to myself.

MZ CPU Accelerator automatically boosts foreground apps
The Windows Task Manager already has options to adjust task priority and processor affinity, but MZ CPU Accelerator's (http://www.mztweak.com/MzCpu.html) extra features make it well worth installing if you like fine tuning your system's performance.

Activate MZ, and it will automatically assign your pre-set priority level to your foreground window. Click away, and the process automatically returns to the default level. On multi-core and multi-cpu systems MZ will also maintain CPU affinities. You can also exclude any processes that you don't want MZ to manage. Once your preferences are set, just set MZ to autorun and hide in the system tray, and it will quietly supervise things for you.

Netbook owners may also want to give this one a shot - the automatic boost to foreground application priority does make a bit of difference in performance, even on comparatively slow CPUs like the Intel Atom.

Mz CPU Accelerator is an application that automatically changes the priority of the foreground window, by allocating more CPU power to the currently active application (program-game). Automatically de-allocates CPU priority when a new active application is selected. Also, new version contains an option that manages the cores of your processor! It works on any version of Windows.

Dangerous Beans
February 15th, 2009, 13:57
When I saw MZ in the thread title I couldnt help thinking of old East German motorcycles, they were never known for there performance :D