PDA

View Full Version : iBlueYonder

falcon409
March 28th, 2018, 03:19
Apparently Bill Womack has joined with Orbx again. An e-mail this morning gave instructions on moving my purchases from Bill's site over to my Orbx account.

thefrog
March 28th, 2018, 03:28
I can’t get the transfer form to work. Would be interested if anyone has got it to transfer their licenses successfully.

falcon409
March 28th, 2018, 03:43
I messed up the first time because I put my installation key in there rather than the purchase ID (basically your invoice number). Once I got that straight it went through fine.

thefrog
March 28th, 2018, 04:17
Finally did it, thanks. The form asks for Licence ID but it was another number that worked, as you said

cavaricooper
March 28th, 2018, 04:41
Just purchased Nantucket and Plum Island, both at 50% off ONLY through today. A great deal!

Excited that Bill has gone back to Orbx. More excited about the upcoming Dallas Love field, and KPDX.

Great news this morning!

C

falcon409
March 28th, 2018, 05:41
Not really needing Dallas Love, but KPDX is one I'm really looking forward to. Spent a fair amount of time on several deployments to Portland putting our F-16's against the F-15's based there. Plenty of time to sight-see and enjoy the area. Also had the FS9 version (Scenery FlightZone 02) that was way ahead of it's time when it was released but never got the update to FSX that it deserved or that was promised.:sorrow:

dexthom
March 28th, 2018, 06:31
I was a tester on that project. I do believe that it is presently under construction along with Pearson.

mikewmac
March 28th, 2018, 08:41
Just purchased Nantucket and Plum Island, both at 50% off ONLY through today. A great deal!

Excited that Bill has gone back to Orbx. More excited about the upcoming Dallas Love field, and KPDX.

Great news this morning!

C

I just did too. :encouragement:

Dimus
March 28th, 2018, 09:50
Still can't find which one is the invoice number. I have the paypal transaction id which did not work as well as an alphanumeric invoice id on the paypal transaction that also did not work. I also do not see any invoice number in the iblueyonder account data.

Edit: OK, I was blind... It was the first number in the iblueyonder account entries for each scenery.

Aharon
March 28th, 2018, 10:42
Is it possible to buy and use KACK scenery without buying Orbx base package?

Regards,

Aharon

falcon409
March 28th, 2018, 11:07
Given that it is situated on an Island and Bill has modeled that entire Island and the smaller one adjacent to it. . .probably so.

falcon409
March 28th, 2018, 11:08
Is it possible to buy and use KACK scenery without buying Orbx base package?
Regards,
Aharon
I failed to ask. . .do you have any Orbx products?

thefrog
March 28th, 2018, 11:09
Still can't find which one is the invoice number. I have the paypal transaction id which did not work as well as an alphanumeric invoice id on the paypal transaction that also did not work. I also do not see any invoice number in the iblueyonder account data.

Edit: OK, I was blind... It was the first number in the iblueyonder account entries for each scenery.

Not obvious though is it? Considering the form asks for License ID.

Aharon
March 28th, 2018, 13:03
I failed to ask. . .do you have any Orbx products?

No I always want to buy PAJN and PAKT sceneries from Orbx but am told that they would not work well without required base packages from Orbx.

And I am hoping that purchase and use of KACK would not require to use base package from Orbx as you have correctly mentioned that the island is in middle of water, not on land mass.

Regards,

Aharon

falcon409
March 28th, 2018, 14:37
No I always want to buy PAJN and PAKT sceneries from Orbx but am told that they would not work well without required base packages from Orbx.
And I am hoping that purchase and use of KACK would not require to use base package from Orbx as you have correctly mentioned that the island is in middle of water, not on land mass.
Regards,
Aharon
I'm not so sure it's that it wouldn't work at all as much as it wouldn't mesh with whatever ground textures you happen to be using. Basically it would stick out like a sore thumb.

speedy70
March 28th, 2018, 14:53
If you go to I blue yonder Bill Womacks site you can buy the version for FSX or P3D without the need for orbx at all.

Cheers chris

Aharon
March 28th, 2018, 15:44
Thanks, Falcom409

If you go to I blue yonder Bill Womacks site you can buy the version for FSX or P3D without the need for orbx at all.

Yeah but not half price LOL Orbx is offering this same scenery for 1/2 price this week. Orbx is offering for
16.48 Australian Dollar or 12.62 US Dollar. The Blue Yonder website is offering 25 bucks.

Regards,

Aharon

LouP
March 28th, 2018, 18:00
So if you transfer your license, are you supposed to uninstall the original IBY version before installing the ORBX version?

LouP

falcon409
March 28th, 2018, 19:09
So if you transfer your license, are you supposed to uninstall the original IBY version before installing the ORBX version?
LouP

Since all you're actually doing is transferring the information for those sceneries to your Orbx account I wouldn't see where that would affect currently installed scenery.

fsafranek
March 28th, 2018, 22:22
I have the Nantucket purchased under the Just Flight packaging at PC Aviator. All of the free Orbx stuff is a strain on my system
so I hesitate at buying the Plum Island package from them even at half price. But I guess it's less than a movie ticket.

Even though I've turned off / uninstalled all of the Orbx stuff I still have their nightlighting (long strings of bright lights floating along roads)
and green grass at all airfields even in the desert where it used to be sand year round. They really jacked my FSX-SE installation.
:ernaehrung004:

Aharon
March 29th, 2018, 07:37
Fsafranek,

Thanks for warning me about Orbx base packages. So you bought KAKC scenery from JustFlight and it required use of ORBX base packages? I am trying to avoid Orbx base packages.

Regards,

Aharon
(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php/406-fsafranek)

MarkH
March 29th, 2018, 09:08
So you bought KAKC scenery from JustFlight and it required use of ORBX base packages?

No. Until just now this was a standalone product sold by iBlueYonder. If you look at the OrbxDirect page it lists no dependencies. There is no reason to presume anything other than that it is exactly the same product, just being sold by Orbx. Now there is a suggestion that Orbx is going to update the products in the future, in which case they may become dependent on Orbx libraries, but for now it seems clear it doesn't require any other Orbx products.

fsafranek
March 29th, 2018, 09:37
Fsafranek,

Thanks for warning me about Orbx base packages. So you bought KAKC scenery from JustFlight and it required use of ORBX base packages? I am trying to avoid Orbx base packages.

Regards,

Aharon
I bought Nantucket Island from the PC Aviator online store (on a Tuesday :encouragement:).
https://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=21107

The sales page lists Just Flight as the publisher with text and logos for Just Flight and iBlueyonder. I'm not aware of any other Nantucket Island products out there beside the one by iBlueyonder.

There is no dependency mentioned with the Nantucket Island scenery to have Orbx though I think the surrounding areas you fly over to get there could benefit.

Aharon
March 29th, 2018, 10:29
Fsafranek, (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php/406-fsafranek)

Thanks for reply. Are you satisified with stand alone KACK scenery by IBlueYonder and JustFlight that you bought from PC Aviator? No memory resource hog? No frame rate hog?

Regards,

Aharon

falcon409
March 29th, 2018, 10:57
There is one Nantucket payware scenery. It was developed and released by Bill Womack whose website is "iBlueYonder". It may be for sale on other sim sites, but regardless of who is selling it. It's the same product.

Bill Womack is returning to Orbx to develop scenery through them, no longer (I assume) thru the iBlueYonder name.

Orbx is offering Bill's Plum Island/Minuteman and Nantucket scenery packages at 50% off. They are the only ones offering that I think (Good for one week). Those of us who have those scenery packages can move the information for said sceneries to our Orbx account so they show up in FTX Central for future updates.

I personally have never had any FPS problems with any of Bills scenery. He does an excellent job of optimizing his scenery objects to give the smoothest in-sim flying possible.

His Nantucket scenery is not dependent on any other Orbx product, however, having said that. . .Peopleflow is incorporated into that scenery (animated figures around the airport, sounds, etc). I suspect that would be where you would miss out by not having the other Orbx products. If it's pricing that is keeping you from getting into the Orbx products, I certainly understand your hesitation. If it's a fear that all that additional scenery will bog down your system, I will say that loading takes a lot longer initially. . .however once in the Sim, there is little if any fps hit.

dexthom
March 29th, 2018, 14:47
I Blue Yonder will still exist. The only difference is that when you buy an IBY product it will be through FTX Central on Orbx.

falcon409
March 29th, 2018, 15:33
I Blue Yonder will still exist. The only difference is that when you buy an IBY product it will be through FTX Central on Orbx.
Exactly right!

scotth6
March 30th, 2018, 03:49

LouP

Since all you're actually doing is transferring the information for those sceneries to your Orbx account I wouldn't see where that would affect currently installed scenery.

Hi guys,

You should uninstall the iBY version of KACK and 2B2/6B6 if you are transferring to the ORBX versions, ie don't install it right over the top.

The iBY version used SODE for several functions such as seasonal changes, windsock animation etc, and the new ORBX version uses Objectflow to do this instead. The new version will be installed via FTX Central. Your original version will continue to work if you don't want to swap to new version right away, just don't install the new one straight over the top of the old one, as it will cause issues.

Cheers,

spotlope
March 30th, 2018, 04:16
Yep, you should definitely uninstall your previous iBlueYonder products before migrating to the Orbx versions, for the exact reasons above. Also, after uninstalling, check your SODE folder to make sure there's no Nantucket, Plum Island, or Minute Man XML files there. If there are, delete them. That folder's at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml. Even with the scenery uninstalled and the library entries removed, if the SODE files are still active, they'll display in the sim and that would be a needless performance hit.

LouP
March 30th, 2018, 04:59
Yep, you should definitely uninstall your previous iBlueYonder products before migrating to the Orbx versions, for the exact reasons above. Also, after uninstalling, check your SODE folder to make sure there's no Nantucket, Plum Island, or Minute Man XML files there. If there are, delete them. That folder's at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml. Even with the scenery uninstalled and the library entries removed, if the SODE files are still active, they'll display in the sim and that would be a needless performance hit.

Thanks Bill, just what I was looking for. Good luck with your new position at ORBX. Looking forward to some new work from you.

LouP

fsafranek
March 30th, 2018, 06:26
Fsafranek, (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php/406-fsafranek)

Thanks for reply. Are you satisified with stand alone KACK scenery by IBlueYonder and JustFlight that you bought from PC Aviator? No memory resource hog? No frame rate hog?

Regards,

Aharon
Not a frame rate hog at all. In fact on my system, which isn't the thoroughbred it was a few years ago when I built it, there is no frame rate impact at all.
I have it limited to 29 fps and when flying around KACK in all it's glory I'm still at 29 fps.

By the way, iBlueYonder gives top notch customer support. Thank you Bill.

I think I may go buy a very expensive hamburger now.

Aharon
March 30th, 2018, 06:31
LOL Thanks for your personal review and personal input, Fsafranek (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php/406-fsafranek)