PDA

View Full Version : Swingfield advanced landing ground scenery

ian elliot
March 25th, 2018, 10:18
This area was originally acquired by the Royal Flying corps in 1916 until 1919, recommissiond in 1940 for Swordfish biplane's patrolling the Dunkirk beaches during the evacuation. It was'nt untill late 42 that the ALG was upgraded with taxi tracks and blister hanger's, compared to other ALG's in Kent, Swingfield was a relatively quiet posting, even during the D-day landing's. The only visitors being the occasional Spitfire diverted from Hawkinge and Manston and Lysanders on clandestine mission's across the channel.
It was the summer of 44 that Swingfield finally saw some action, due to overcrowding at Manston, Albercore and Swordfish, 119sq and 819sq , moved in and started action against enermy shipping in the channel and harassing retreating german force's around the channel port's. These sqd's moved to Bircham Newton in October 44 and Swingfield became unused untill returning to farmland after the war

The largest visitor to Swingfield was a USAAF Liberator which crash landed on the north,south runway in Sept 44

Like my Newchurch ALG scenery, i wanted to represent them in FSX land as this is my local area, same for Manston and Hawkinge, Swingfield is 20 min drive from my home, although its hard to realize there was any flying there as its now farmland

This scenery is for FSX-Acc, i dont have Orbex or any other terrain ehancments, so i dont know if they work or not, Same for PS3D, i dont have it so i dont know, some of my scenery works apparentl, so try it and see.

Swordfish scenery object by Alphasim freeware, which can be removed by deleting the
Swordfish-obs.bgl

Tent library by Al Simms

You will need IanP's latest scenery objects installed, found here-----

http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/ye-olde-all-in-one-scenerie-downloade-filess/