PDA

View Full Version : ORBX in Prepar3d?

jmfabio
March 23rd, 2018, 06:45
Hi all,

I am contemplating purchasing Prepar3d once I purchase a new computer (3 months time).

I have read that ORBX did the scenery for Prepar3d.

I have ORBX Global Vector, HD Trees, Northern Cali, and Open Land Class NA for FSX.

Will I need these products in Prepar3d?

Thanks,

Joe

Dimus
March 23rd, 2018, 06:50
ORBX did not do the P3D default scenery. The default scenery and textures are pretty much similar to FSX.

However, if you own any ORBX products you can easily install them in P3D using ORBX Central.

mikewmac
March 23rd, 2018, 07:52
ORBX did not do the P3D default scenery. The default scenery and textures are pretty much similar to FSX.

However, if you own any ORBX products you can easily install them in P3D using ORBX Central.

Dimus,

I have ORBX scenery products installed in P3D v3.4 in the default root folder location and am curious if when I install it in P3D v4 if it can be installed outside the root folder?

Dimus
March 23rd, 2018, 08:17
For ORBX, that is a definite no. ORBX have full control of their installation paths etc. through central and you can not change it.

mikewmac
March 23rd, 2018, 09:01
For ORBX, that is a definite no. ORBX have full control of their installation paths etc. through central and you can not change it.

Thanks Dimus,

I assumed that, but just wanted to verification.

I'm now off to FTX Central to install my ORBX stuff.

jmfabio
March 24th, 2018, 07:13

Thanks Dimus.

joe