PDA

View Full Version : Wanna get pissed off quick?

hey_moe
October 8th, 2008, 17:01
AIG execs' posh retreat angers lawmakers WASHINGTON - Less than a week after the federal government had to bail out American International Group Inc. (http://www.dailypress.com/topic/economy-business-finance/american-international-group-ORCRP000791.topic), the company sent executives on a $440,000 retreat to a posh California (http://www.dailypress.com/topic/us/california-PLGEO100100100000000.topic) resort, lawmakers investigating the company's meltdown said Tuesday.

The tab included $23,380 worth of spa treatments at the coastal St. Regis resort south of Los Angeles (http://www.dailypress.com/topic/us/california/los-angeles-county/los-angeles-PLGEO100100102380000.topic) even as the company tapped into an $85 billion loan from the government it needed to stave off bankruptcy.

"Average Americans are suffering economically. They're losing their jobs, their homes and their health insurance," House Oversight Committee Chairman Henry Waxman (http://www.dailypress.com/topic/politics/henry-waxman-PEPLT007535.topic), D-Calif., scolded the company during a lengthy opening statement.

"Yet less than one week after the taxpayers rescued AIG, company executives could be found wining and dining at one of the most exclusive resorts in the nation." IF YOU COULD MAKE THEM PAY FOR THIS INSULT WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Bacon
October 8th, 2008, 17:07
Not to worry, the U.S. government is taking care of these crooks.... by giving AIG another 30 billion...the party will never end. Heard it on the national news tonight.:isadizzy:

PRB
October 8th, 2008, 17:10
Lets see, a government bureaucrat, living like a king, working six month a year, going on expensive junkets on our money, pointing a finger at a CEO for being irresponsible and greedy. And everyone's jumping on board, point at the "greedy ceos", going "yeah, yeah, get 'em!" Breathtaking. I'm sure the government "lawmakers" can fix this. Just like they did last time, of wait...

Panther_99FS
October 8th, 2008, 17:52
AIG is asking for yet even more money--> http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/08/news/companies/aig/index.htm?cnn=yes :kilroy:

Willy
October 8th, 2008, 18:06
Another letter to my not so honorable Congressman fired off..... :censored:

Dangerousdave26
October 8th, 2008, 18:27
Just wait for the day they find out we are not a bottomless pit of money they can draw on. Then they will all chock on their lavished live styles as we all go bust. Good thing I have been planning on it for a long time. I'm ready I own next to nothing but this computer any more. :costumes:

deathfromafar
October 8th, 2008, 19:13
Both sides voted for this crap. More I think of it, I think I am going to burn my absentee ballot in protest/boycott this time around. :banghead:

Willy
October 8th, 2008, 19:17
Both sides voted for this crap. More I think of it, I think I am going to burn my absentee ballot in protest/boycott this time around. :banghead:

I'm not.. I'm voting against the incumbents. Even if I vote a yellow dog in.

Lionheart
October 8th, 2008, 19:34
Grim......

Who's running this country? Where...

Well, I tell yah, looking down my street and seeing foreclosure signs, I think AIG and these other big companys will soon have to move to India and China where the money is going. Not much left here. We're being sold out.

Sorry... Im getting political. arrghh.. Feel free to edit or remove.

Lets see.. A punishment for the company?? How about, 'well guys, that was your last chance on a rescue. happens again, and you are out of here faster then you would have been before. Move to China... Get out...!'

Bill

Hals und Bein Bruch
October 8th, 2008, 19:44
Demopublicans - can't afford to live with 'em, can't shoot 'em...

Lionheart
October 8th, 2008, 20:14
I like Obamma's ansere to your question Moe...

Make the company pay back that money they spent, and fire the execs that did that.

:d

Dain Arns
October 8th, 2008, 20:16
I've used this one before. You know the line... :costumes:

deathfromafar
October 8th, 2008, 21:22
Incumbents, ummm remove them/switch and it is a see-saw effect so to speak. I ain't happy with any of them to be bluntly honest. Moe's thread here points out the sickening fact that we're getting the shaft while the crooks are getting filthy rich and BAU in the ivory towers of power. They all went with this on the hill guys. Facts are facts. This illustrates how "We the People" have come to work for and support those who seemed to forget THEY are supposed to be working for US! Is why I hate politics in general. I remember hearing Mickey Rooney once say in a pleasant voice, "Before I'ma Democrat or a Republican, I am an American." I sure never forgot those words and try real hard to live my life in the same manner. Well, piss me off quick, nope, been there a good while. In another hour my flask will be empty and I won't give a hoot!:d At the end of the month, I am going overseas anyhow.

hey_moe
October 9th, 2008, 01:55
The really need to do this and also go one step further and put them behind bars so the can see how the other side lives.THAT SPA RUB DOWN REALLY PISS'S ME OFF.
I like Obamma's ansere to your question Moe...

Make the company pay back that money they spent, and fire the execs that did that.

:d

deathfromafar
October 9th, 2008, 02:06
The really need to do this and also go one step further and put them behind bars so the can see how the other side lives.THAT SPA RUB DOWN REALLY PISS'S ME OFF.

Moe, I got an idea. Let's legalize "Caning" as a form of punishment and get these guys a specific number of strikes each day for a specific period! I favor the idea for quite a few types of crime! (I'd wait in line for days for that job!-LMAO)

rpjkw
October 9th, 2008, 06:18
Perhaps I'm just too cynical, but this kind of c*r*a*p doesn't anger or surprise me anymore. I chalk it up to the way things have become. There's so much blame to go around, it's futile to even think where to begin. Our illustrious candidates promise change as if things could actually be changed. The government is so huge, so completely entrenched, and there are so many hands out demanding to receive something for nothing that nothing CAN change, at least for the better. It doesn't anger me as much as it makes me very sad.

So, I plod on, taking care of number one like I always have, and hope I don't get too splattered with the smelly brown stuff.

Eight years ago when we bought this townhouse, the banker said we had excellent credit and could borrow whatever we wanted. The figure he tossed out was MUCH larger the the standard 80% I grew up with. Had we taken him up on his 'offer', I have no idea how I could have made the payments. Part of the reason we're in the current mess is a great number of people threw good sense out the window and borrowed the maximum, even though they couldn't easily repay. We opted for a much smaller mortgage and have since paid it off. I sleep quite well at night, thank you. The age of accepting personal responsibility is a thing of the past.

I shall now get off my soap box before the next tomato is on target.

Bob

VF15_gray
October 9th, 2008, 06:46
Eight years ago when we bought this townhouse, the banker said we had excellent credit and could borrow whatever we wanted. The figure he tossed out was MUCH larger the the standard 80% I grew up with. Had we taken him up on his 'offer', I have no idea how I could have made the payments. Part of the reason we're in the current mess is a great number of people threw good sense out the window and borrowed the maximum, even though they couldn't easily repay. We opted for a much smaller mortgage and have since paid it off. I sleep quite well at night, thank you. The age of accepting personal responsibility is a thing of the past.

Bob

Totally agree and same story here.

25 years ago: In our first house, the 19" TV sat on a milk crate in a bare living room with two throw pillows for chairs. We managed to pay off an extra $25K in the 2 years we were there.

Now: Some of my neighbors have refi'd and bought Hummers they couldn't otherwise afford.

Why it is my problem to 'Bail' them out is beyond me.

Cazzie
October 9th, 2008, 08:44
I'm not.. I'm voting against the incumbents. Even if I vote a yellow dog in.

Absolutely Willy, it is time for the people to forget about partisan politics and vote either way as long as they are voting an incumbent out!

I am only going to vote for one of my state's representative, Vergil Goode, who voted against the bailout throughout. All that voted yea will get no vote from me regardless of party line. For President, I'll vote Libertarian if they are on the Virginia ticket, otherwise I'll right in Ron Paul, because he should be President anyhow. He is NOT a lawyer and he is all for eliminating the biggest crook we have, that being the Federal Reserve Bank! He is also for taking our nation off of a paper money standard and go back to a gold and silver standard. Read his book "The Revolution", it'll open your eyes!

Caz

Snuffy
October 9th, 2008, 09:43
Seems the folks at AIG didn't learn very well .... cuz they scheduled another multi thousand dollar retreat ...

ONLY this time they got caught and are cancelling the trip ..

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5994567&page=1

MyassisDragon
October 9th, 2008, 09:44
Instead of bailouts, how 'bout we try indictments.

cheezyflier
October 9th, 2008, 09:54
rpjkw, i agree 100% with all that you said. for a long time, i have said the only way to fix things now is another revolution.

Sascha66
October 9th, 2008, 10:37
If crime wouldn't pay, we'd have lots fewer crooks !:isadizzy:

Honestly, this makes me really MAD !:censored::censored::censored:

Why is it impossible to at least take away the privileges and money from the guys who got rich making easy cash by swindling everyone else? :banghead: Every little bit helps !

Every dollar taken away from a wall street fraud instead from someone earning an honest wage is worth the effort!

Sascha

Kofschip
October 9th, 2008, 16:03
GRIP!!!

Get Rid of Incumbent Politicians :tgun2:

mcjerkyls
October 10th, 2008, 10:56
absolute BS. no one asked ME if they could give these clowns MY money.

deathfromafar
October 10th, 2008, 12:48
ncp-tlfap

no career politicians-term limits for all politicians

Silver Fox
October 10th, 2008, 13:53
The desire to run for public office should be treated like a mental illness and automatically disqualify you from the position.

Draft politicos just like jurors.

As for the AIG guys... I'd lock 'em in a room and have a black-hooded guy come in with a whip. He tells 'em "I have 440,000 lashes to distribute amongst you guys. You get to determine the distribution, DISCUSS.' Come back in 3 days and tell them there is a one-time offer on the table: $880,000 to avoid the lash, each.

I seriously doubt that the phrase 'I want a lawyer' would be heard. :)